Sc cwp.....

This is a discussion on Sc cwp..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was reading this: SC Governor Haley Will Sign Gun Law Reform Bill | The Truth About Guns And found this: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...form-bill.aspx ... My ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Semper_Fidelis
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By tcox4freedom
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By SCfromNY

Thread: Sc cwp.....

  1. #1
    New Member Array Semper_Fidelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13

    Sc cwp.....

    So I was reading this:

    SC Governor Haley Will Sign Gun Law Reform Bill | The Truth About Guns

    And found this: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...form-bill.aspx

    ... My question is what all does it change besides "Restaurant" Carry.. (Being able to go into restaurants that serve alcohol)..

    I have had my SC CWP for almost 4 years (Actually have to renew it towards the end of this year). Although I just began carrying again. (Wife just bought me a XDs for our anniversary)

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    615
    Why is SC the only state in the south that doesn't have reciprocity with my State of Florida? Ugh! Good for her! And good for SC. I used to live in the suburn of Charleston. Summerville!

  4. #3
    New Member Array Semper_Fidelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Why is SC the only state in the south that doesn't have reciprocity with my State of Florida? Ugh! Good for her! And good for SC. I used to live in the suburn of Charleston. Summerville!
    I used to live in Summerville also... I lived in Christiana Estates...Also I am positive that we have reciprocity with Florida...
    OldVet likes this.

  5. #4
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,504
    Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Why is SC the only state in the south that doesn't have reciprocity with my State of Florida? Ugh! Good for her! And good for SC. I used to live in the suburn of Charleston. Summerville!
    Your FL permit is OK in SC...
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,521
    The main thing it changes is restaurant carry. But, it also gives the CWP holder a couple more choices for "car" carry. It also removes the time requirement (ONLY) when it comes to CWP training.


    -
    GWarden likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Your FL permit is OK in SC...
    YES!!! I swear at one time we didn't have reciprocity. I was told to avoid SC.

    Semper, I lived in Irongate. BTW, Semper Fi. There are a lot of us on the forum.

  8. #7
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,504
    Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    YES!!! I swear at one time we didn't have reciprocity. I was told to avoid SC.

    Semper, I lived in Irongate. BTW, Semper Fi. There are a lot of us on the forum.
    True, but quite a while ago...

    I was never a Marine, but we did try to make things easier for you guys...I was a Coastie...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,263
    It would seem to me some people would actually look up the laws before they make statements that aren't true..Florida and S.C. has been honoring each others permits for a while now. It's not meant to be rude but Florida and S.C. didn't just start honoring each others permits.

  10. #9
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,504
    To be more exact...

    The SC Govenor signed H 3212 on June 16, 2008...and reciprocity between SC and FL became law.
    Dan060 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,263
    To the OP'S question,i haven't researched all of the new law for carrying where they serve alcohol..As far as i know you can carry where they serve alcohol as long as you aren't drinking obviously and the place of business doesn't have the required legal "no concealable weapons" signs in the proper location..

    Like i said as far as i know. I'm going to check Handgunlaw and SLED'S website to see exactly what is in writing.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    True, but quite a while ago...

    I was never a Marine, but we did try to make things easier for you guys...I was a Coastie...
    I lived in Legend Oaks.

  13. #12
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    To the OP'S question,i haven't researched all of the new law for carrying where they serve alcohol..As far as i know you can carry where they serve alcohol as long as you aren't drinking obviously and the place of business doesn't have the required legal "no concealable weapons" signs in the proper location..

    Like i said as far as i know. I'm going to check Handgunlaw and SLED'S website to see exactly what is in writing.
    You probably won't see SLED's update for about 6mo. The main thing current CWP holders need to be concerned about is looking for AG signs on restaurants that serve alcohol. Most of the other stuff I really don't think will have that much of an effect. (Unless, you're one of those people that want to carry a HG under the seat.)


    -

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    It would seem to me some people would actually look up the laws before they make statements that aren't true..Florida and S.C. has been honoring each others permits for a while now. It's not meant to be rude but Florida and S.C. didn't just start honoring each others permits.
    Well some of us don't always brush up on reciprocity laws with States we haven't visited in a decade either.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Array SCfromNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,023
    A lot of people are confused because Florida's non resident permit is so popular and SC will not honor ANY non resident permit. However, you can explain that you didn't know there was a change or you didn't check recently which is all well and good BUT then you should NOT come across as knowing the law when you do not.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Registration: A prelude to Confiscation and Anarchy.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

new cwp laws in sc 2014

,

new gun laws 2014 sc cwp laws

,

sc cwp law changes for 2014

,

sccwp law 2014

Click on a term to search for related topics.