Williams Fire Sights for M&P Shield

This is a discussion on Williams Fire Sights for M&P Shield within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a set of the Williams Fire sights for my Shield 9. I have heard nothing but great things about them. I guess ...

Thread: Williams Fire Sights for M&P Shield

Williams Fire Sights for M&P Shield

I just bought a set of the Williams Fire sights for my Shield 9. I have heard nothing but great things about them. I guess my only concern is the front sight being a tube and not completely enclosed. This is my EDC gun, so do I need to worry about the front sight getting damaged or broken when in my Holster or when I Holster it? Anyone have any experience with these sights (Whether for the shield or any other gun) and how they work and how durable they are for your EDC? I am from Michigan and they are only about a half hour from me and I like to try and support the local companies first.

2. Remove Ads

Have them on my mk111 , not sure how they will perform on a shield they arent bad for bullseye, but not crazy about red for fast aquisition kind of prefer the big white dot for my cc, but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Have them on my mk111 , not sure how they will perform on a shield they arent bad for bullseye, but not crazy about red for fast aquisition kind of prefer the big white dot for my cc, but good luck
    Is the Red on yours with the front sight or the rear? Mine will have the Red rear and Green front, so I focus very hard on the front sight so I don't think it will be a problem to pick it up.

I have those sights on my Kahr TP45. I like them OK and I think they''l hold up to EDC use, but I wish my front sight was not red like the rear sights. I bet the fluorescent tubes are replaceable and therefore changeable. I may go with the green tube in the front.

I have a Green one on my LCR.
    I have Fiber Optic Front Sights on all my carry guns that I can install them on, as well as my match revolvers, and 1911.

You will have a Fiber come out or break if you use your equiment enough. I had to put a new rod in my 3 Inch 66-2 last month. Takes about 10 minutes. I believe all of mine except my 1911 take .060 FO Rod. I need to pick up some additional rod. It is dirt cheap.

Bob The Revolver Guy

Big Creek Kydex
    ICORE MO2908

I have these in my Ruger LC9, daily carry and no damage at all to sights. I use a N82 Tactical pro IWB, sideguard leather IWB, valor ankle hoster,bear creek OWB.
    I had an optic fibre come loose once and called williams, they sent me plenty of new optic rods in both colors so i could choose what colors went where i wanted w instructions how to cut and secure... Just had to pay 2.60 for shipping.

I was talking to an instructor who had fiber optics on his guns His Sig had orange front and green rears... his Glock had orange/red rears and Green front, that was really a winning combination. That FO green stood out.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Links