Utah CWP application question

This is a discussion on Utah CWP application question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my little sister and I are having some issues answering a question. We both went through the CWP class together roughly a year ago. ...

Thread: Utah CWP application question

So my little sister and I are having some issues answering a question. We both went through the CWP class together roughly a year ago. I paid for the background check and the permit then and there and received my permit several weeks later. However my sister has yet to send in the application. This is where the question comes in, will they still except the application or will she need to retake the class? Is there an expiration date on the CWP application. Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    So my little sister and I are having some issues answering a question. We both went through the CWP class together roughly a year ago. I paid for the background check and the permit then and there and received my permit several weeks later. However my sister has yet to send in the application. This is where the question comes in, will they still except the application or will she need to retake the class? Is there an expiration date on the CWP application. Any help is appreciated!
    I have a Utah non-resident and took my class though LegalHeat. The class is good for one year. If it's been over 12 months, she will need to re-take the class.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Ask the class instructor or go here: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...CFPapp0312.pdf

From the application I downloaded from the UTAH web site:

"WEAPON FAMILIARITY CERTIFICATION:
    Applicants must complete a firearms familiarity course, certified by the Bureau, before applying for a permit. Please have your instructor complete the certification information on the application. Holders of a valid Concealed Firearm Permit from another state other than Utah are not exempt from taking the weapon familiarity course from an approved Utah instructor. BCI must receive your application within one year from the date the course was completed."

Utah resident here and can verify it must be received within one year.

Sponsored Links