Virginia Now Honors Kansas. . . TN Parking Lot Storage Law (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Virginia Now Honors Kansas. . . TN Parking Lot Storage Law (UPDATED) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Virginia has added Kansas to the list of states it honors. This brings to 30 the number of states that Virginia honors. Kansas honors all ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gary Slider

Thread: Virginia Now Honors Kansas. . . TN Parking Lot Storage Law (UPDATED)

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Virginia has added Kansas to the list of states it honors. This brings to 30 the number of states that Virginia honors. Kansas honors all other states Permit/Licenses.
    Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

The Tennessee Governor has signed a new Parking Lot Storage Bill. The Tennessee AG put out an Opinion on the Old law and stated that employers could fire someone for storing a firearm on company property if they had a rule against it even under the Parking Lot Storage Law at that time. They strengthened the law that should take care of this problem with the old law. I am still searching but believe the new law wording can be seen here: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Amend/SA0576.pdf
    The AG Opinion that shackled the old law can be seen here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/a...StorageLaw.pdf

I have a problem when it comes to PMís sent to me. Most I see but some sites canít be set up to send me an email or have a pop up window showing I have a PM. I canít reply to PMís I donít know have been sent to me. I visit a lot of sites and I apologize to anyone who has sent me a PM and I have not responded. I make a huge effort to answer every email and PM but if I donít see it I canít reply to it. The best way to contact me with information or even ask a question is to email me at admins@handgunlaw.us I see and answer every email that comes in to that email address.

UPDATE:
    The Tennessee Parking Lot Storage Law does not do what I posted in my first post. Every copy I was looking at was replaced by a one paragraph bill. The NRA Link to the bill and two others RKBAís Orgs that posted links to the new law showed the bill before it was replaced. Those in Tennessee helped me find the correct copy of the bill. The new law does nothing to protect employees from employers who donít want firearms in autos in their parking lots. This bill actually didnít change much of anything. The Tennessee Firearms Association Tennessee Firearms Association | Welcome would have more information on this bill and others that are currently in the Tennessee Legislature. Sorry for jumping the gun and posting info that was not all correct.
    Last edited by Gary Slider; February 21st, 2014 at 05:47 PM.
    lionround and grouse like this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Gary, thanks for all you do.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Your regular updates here are plenty good enough for me! Thanks for your efforts.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Thanks for all your hard work Gary. I use your site all the time and recommend it to anyone who has questions about carry laws. I think every CCW Instructor should give out your site as reference to their classes.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As always.... thanks Gary.

I just posted it on our Kansas CC forum.... to help spread the word.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links