Fanny pack for concealed carry

This is a discussion on Fanny pack for concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here used a fanny pack for concealed carry? I saw a nice one at a hunting/sportshop a few weeks ago with a removeable ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fanny pack for concealed carry

Fanny pack for concealed carry

Has anyone here used a fanny pack for concealed carry? I saw a nice one at a hunting/sportshop a few weeks ago with a removeable holster that attaches to the inside of the pack with velcro. You can reposition it for the best draw angle.

I am really considering one of these. It's versitile enough for my .357 SP-101 or my Walther P22. I would welcome both positive or negative input from anyone with experience with one of these fanny packs. I'm a bit on the hefty side and these here "luv handles" makes a belt holster uncomfortable IWB or OWB.

2. Remove Ads

I use a fanny pack from time to time, depending on the temperature. When it gets really hot I switch to it. Some tips: Don't get the big, black, square packs that scream "gun". Look for something with some color (I have a blue and a green pack) that looks like a typical fanny pack.

DesSantis makes this one (I have it in green). It looks a little squarish, but actually it has a nice taper to it. I've been standing right next to cops that were completely oblivious of my gun.

This one is also from DeSantis, but is way too squared.
    Ray

كافر, and proud of it

European American, and proud of it

Member of the NRA, and proud of it

Be courteous, be polite, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I have a fanny pack for concealed carry and like it alot. Comfortability is one reason. Try it out for a while and you will either like it or not.
    Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by zwvirtual View Post

DesSantis makes this one (I have it in green). It looks a little squarish, but actually it has a nice taper to it. I've been standing right next to cops that were completely oblivious of my gun.

I don't know about the holster, but those pants make it a little obvious what you are packing.

If you were in that outfit you could get away with a fanny pack.

Any fanny pack that is in the front yells "gun" to me. Around the back not so much.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    http://www.tommysgunpack.com/Product...?ProductCode=1

I've carried in a fanny pack. I've got a Black hawk I think, and one of the tommys gun packs. I do have to say these are sweet. The problem with the internal holsters is they have a tendancy to hang up. The Tommy's gun pack will fit a full size gun, and it just kind of fits in pack. I do have say the time to get the gun out of the pack with the Blawk hawk, is a little longer. Small Cords and zippers the tommy pack is basically a big strap.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I Seldom Use a Fanny Pack...

but on ocassion...it works well...

But that one in the advertisement...

"Say fella, that fanny pack (did I just say fanny?)...oh my gosh, oh my gosh...goes so well with those nice green pants...perhaps a blue scarf and some green mittens would help...golly, what a combo!"

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use an Uncle Mikes Gunrunner when I go running early in the morning. I feel a little weird wearing it around town so I usually carry in a Galco dayrunner or Galco deep concealment belt holster. But it is always better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it so if all you have is a fanny pack then I would wear it.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Fanny packs are like wearing a sign that says, "Look at me, I have a gun!"
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    Not here in central Florida, where every tourist has one.....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Yeah I agree when I carry mine most people don't walk around staring at that area. The only people that do are the people that are probably carrying themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Not here in central Florida, where every tourist has one.....

Matt
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    As long as it is concealed I could care less what others think. If it is concealed then nobody can say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer
    Well, yes and no. To anyone who is aware and looking, yes, they are kind of obvious. This gets back to the discussion about being "made." If you're wearing a fanny pack, most anyone else who carries, and probably most LEOs, will know that you are carrying. But even with a holster, others who carry will often be able to tell that you're carrying, if they are aware and looking. Among the sheep, though, none of them will ever suspect a thing.

And the people who do know that you're carrying will never say a thing. Okay, maybe an LEO will sidle up beside you and quietly ask if you've got a CCW, but no one else will ever say anything. For that reason, I consider a fanny-pack to be a pretty reasonable way to carry when a holster won't work.

i got my first fanny pack in 1990. i do not wear one now, it was a one year thing. when i worked in miami they were a big hit in the late 80's and early 90's. everybody on the job had one. now not so much. later on everybody found out what they were so you might as well hang your badge on your forehead. if you wear one you will be made by every law enforcement officer you meet and most others. they work good as a small brief case to carry things, but they do not replace a holster that you will hide on your body.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btaulbee View Post
    As long as it is concealed I could care less what others think. If it is concealed then nobody can say anything.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. The point of concealment is to hide the fact that you are carrying. If LEOs can easily make out a weapon carrying fannypack, then you can bet the BGs can too. I'll never wear one. YMMV
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links