Honest EDC

This is a discussion on Honest EDC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A local forum I visit had a discussion about what you actually carry every day. The author of the thread had a thought that when ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Honest EDC

VIP Member

Honest EDC

A local forum I visit had a discussion about what you actually carry every day. The author of the thread had a thought that when we talk about EDC we might mix in what we sometimes carry or think about carrying but don't actually have with us on an average day. So the thought was to empty your pockets and take a picture of what you had with you and on you at that exact moment. I thought it was a good idea and thought I'd do it here as well. Below you'll find what I had on me today, other than the cell phone that was used to take the picture. The contents are:

Spare Mag, Glock 17, pen, Spyderco folder (unusual because I usually carry a leatherman rather than the folder), a pen, my keys, a swiss army knife, a thumb drive, a small notebook, my wallet, a Tag 1500 watch (I have a thing for watches and have a few), a hog's tooth, and a pair of cuffs (I had some yesterday as well, don't know why but that's a touch unusual). There is a mini-mag light on the bottom right that you can barely see the edge of. It must have rolled a little after I put it down. The E2e had a dead battery so I grabbed this one today instead. Not great in a tactical situation, but that's only about 2% of why I have a light on me if I'm not working.

This is pretty typical for me. I usually have a small first aid/blowout kit. But as I mentioned somewhere here I actually used some of the contents yesterday and haven't put it back together. It is a simple affair that I carry in a small ziplock bag. Reminds me I need to get it put back together though. Just wondering what other people may actually have on them when they read this. If you want to take a picture, great. If not I'd like to at least read what you actually have on you right now.

(Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. I just threw the stuff on my kitchen counter, didn't have good light, and didn't feel like making an effort. The flash on the phone didn't fire for some reason, so it is what it is. I didn't care enough to take another, this gets the point across.)

"The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

2. Remove Ads

No photos of it all .. But today as I was interviewing I only had my phone and wallet on me.. But had knives and guns in car ..

Normal my EDC honest carry is just a pocket gun a wallet and phone I go light ... I will throw in a auto knife or syperco ever know and then but that is a bout it ...If hiking then I might bring a 45 30s along or a big bore wheel guns ... And of course if hiking I may have more stuff on me .. Water /dog mace etc maybe a AA bat tac light if near dark

2014-02-15 17.11.04.jpg

Edit: Cuffs? Leo/security ? Or just because or new girl in your life ( I dont want to know about that part ....)
    Echo_Four and RebelSoul like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

No photos im technically challanged lol.

My honest every day carry is at min a Ruger SR9, a spare 17 round mag, a knife, and a flashlight. At home or out morning till bedtime. Everywhere all the time.
    Echo_Four likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

IMO....aint contemplating carrying all that stuff unless for bug out. EDC is my G33, spare mag and my head on straight.
    Granted photos won't down a perp. No matter what you've got on film......what you use at the time you need to should do the job. Otherwise.....you've wasted a lot of time and effort for nothing conclusive.
    fredg53 likes this.
    Carry means carry. That means all of the time. If you don't, you're just kidding yourself and opening up options for someone to take you down.

Let's see, today is Sunday so my normal carry is a beer.

VIP Member
    A lot of that stuff would get carried whether I carried a gun or not. The notebook, keys, pen, thumb drive, watch, necklace, and swiss army knife have nothing to do with defensive type situation. Gun, mag, cuffs, and folder are the only things that add weight and bulk that could be dropped. The gun and mag aren't options to me. And like I said, the folder doesn't usually come with me and I can't explain why I have decided to grab cuffs the last couple of days.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    A lot of that stuff would get carried whether I carried a gun or not. The notebook, keys, pen, thumb drive, watch, necklace, and swiss army knife have nothing to do with defensive type situation. Gun, mag, cuffs, and folder are the only things that add weight and bulk that could be dropped. The gun and mag aren't options to me. And like I said, the folder doesn't usually come with me and I can't explain why I have decided to grab cuffs the last couple of days.

In bold. Well at least they arent covered in leather or fur or we may have started to wonder a bit

IM kiddin
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Honest edc every day everytime..... billfold, phone, leatherman multi tool or one of a few lockback folding knives, paracord wristband ( want to say 50 feet but that seems like a lot), light blue chapstick brand chapstick, two sets of keys, nail clippers, spare 12 round, or two, Caterpillar ball cap, polarized fishing glasses from Wal-Mart, contact lenses, and a p226 in a Galco. It's all part of the routine as much as putting on my socks.

VIP Member
    That reminds me of another thing missing. I used the paracord from my bracelet to tie a friend's bumper on after he had an adventure in the ice a few weeks ago. I need to pick up a new one. As long as I don't have to count an extra set of cuffs with it I guess!

handcuffbracelet.jpg
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

IconDraw 2.jpg
    what you see is what I got SR40C (9+1) 15 round spare magazine, then Wallet, Keys and cell phone.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    This topic comes up on this forum every few days it seems. I am always amazed at what some people tote around all day. If you aren't LEO why are you carrying cuffs? I can't imagine a scenario where you would use them on someone in the prescribed manner without legal issues and I can assure you from experience as a LEO that, even in a pinch, they make a very poor striking tool.

Wallet, Sig 239, Benchmade Griptilian, keys with micro keychain Leatherman flashlight, change and a mini Leatherman tool.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have been carrying a lot this winter. My instructors one of whom is a LEO keep telling me you have to respond with whatever you have available. Your back up / buddies are not on the way!
    Attached Images
    Pete63 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    No internet hot shot here, this is on me everyday .

001.jpg
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Not one lighter in the bunch.
    hugbab and TheBigWanad like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links