Arizona H.B. 2325 - Lifetime CCW Issuance - Page 2

Arizona H.B. 2325 - Lifetime CCW Issuance

This is a discussion on Arizona H.B. 2325 - Lifetime CCW Issuance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by armoredman My wife just renewed hers, and boy is she happy....if this lifetime thing goes through, that would make her even happier! ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona H.B. 2325 - Lifetime CCW Issuance

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    My wife just renewed hers, and boy is she happy....if this lifetime thing goes through, that would make her even happier!
    Mine just said she'd get hers if this went thru..:)
    Brad B.

Third Read on March 4th, no vote recorded. Hmm.What's the Senate version bill number, or is there one yet?
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

The wife has applied for a job in Flagstaff, has had a phone interview and we are waiting on the next step which would be an on site interview, this sounds like my kind of state, lifetime carry, firearms training in the schools, state cops that don’t understand why anyone would carry an unloaded gun…..

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    Third Read on March 4th, no vote recorded. Hmm.What's the Senate version bill number, or is there one yet?
    It doesn't appear that there is one yet, at least that I could find. Their website is a pretty good place to look up the status of the bills. The link below will take you there but you have to register.

ALIS
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Use that one allatime! Remember, the legislature controls my paycheck, too...watch 'em close!

DC Founder
    Even though the Governor vetoed Arizona SB1363 (Carrying a firearm in a "bar"), this bill was passed into law and signed by the Governor yesterday. They removed the "lifetime" part of it and added 1 year (to 5 years) before renewal and cut the training requirements in half.

Provisions

1. Provides a CCW permit is valid for five years.

2. Stipulates that a CCW permit is renewable every five years.

3. Decreases the initial concealed weapon training program time to a length of eight hours.

4. Decreases the refresher course required for a CCW permit renewal to two hours.

5. Provides that a person will not be convicted of failure to present a CCW permit on request of a law enforcement officer for inspection if the person produces to the court a legible permit that is issued to the person and that was valid at the time of the violation.

6. Specifies, for the purposed of renewing a CCW permit, the permit holder is only required to submit additional fingerprints for the criminal records check the first time the permit holder renews his or her permit.

7. Requires all current permit holders to submit additional fingerprints for the permit holders next renewal cycle, regardless if it is the permit holders first renewal.

8. Extends the validity of a CCW permit held by a member of the United States Armed Forces, including a member of the Arizona National Guard or a member of the Reserves of any military establishment of the United States (military personnel), who is on federal active duty and who is deployed overseas until 90 days after the end of the members overseas deployment.

9. Provides a defense to any charge for carrying a deadly weapon without a permit by a member of military personnel, if the member was on federal active duty at the time the permit expired and the member presents documentation indicating release from active duty or reassignment from overseas deployment within the preceding 90 days.

10. Makes technical and conforming changes.

11. Becomes effective on the general effective date.
    Bumper

1952 - 2006
    Bumper - How does this affect the issuance of non-resident permits? What is the current status of obtaining one?

I'd appreciate any info. I've been thinking of getting mine for Arizona.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DC Founder
    I'll have to go back and read the law again to be sure, but I believe that there is no distinction between a resident or non-resident as far as the procedures or rules. Being right next door to us, that might not be a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having a Nevada permit now that I have a particular gun I carry all of the time. I would like to be able to carry when I cross that state line. Too bad California is so backward....
    Bumper

AZ makes no distiction on resident or non resident permits. This is a good step in the right direction, and shows that we can "baby step" too, Brady! Too bad about the bar bill, but way too much negative publicity, to the point where my wife thought it was a good thing it was killed, until I finally explained how it was to have worked....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links