Dropped some clangers today

This is a discussion on Dropped some clangers today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The first one I dropped was in holstering my pistol. I knew I was going to an NPE today, so I opted for my Colt ...

Thread: Dropped some clangers today

The first one I dropped was in holstering my pistol.

I knew I was going to an NPE today, so I opted for my Colt Mustang in its Ken Null ankle holster. I holstered the gun and then strapped it to my ankle. As I was putting on my shoes, the magazine fell out onto the floor. Obviously, I had depressed the magazine release button while holstering the pistol.

I didn't take the time to figure out if the holster had added to the problem. Instead, I swapped it out for my SmartCarry. Drop trousers, put on SmartCarry, holster pistol, finish getting dressed.

When I drove up to the NPE, I drew the Mustang and stowed it in the center console. Went into the NPE, did my business, and returned to the car.

Drove to my workplace. Headed to my desk and worked. Around 1600, I had to use the toilet. Into the stall, drop trousers, hike the SmartCarry up. It felt light.

I'd left the pistol in the car.

Spent the balance of the afternoon feeling a bit underdressed.

At the end of the day, I walked to my car. Few cars in the lot because most of my co-workers are on vacation. I'd intended to drop my briefcase in the car, reholster the Mustang, and drive home. I unlock the driver's door and stow my briecase. As I'm reaching into the console to retrieve the Mustang, I realize that a female employee is 10 yards from me, headed for the car next to mine. I totally did not see her coming.

So I drove home pretty chagrined. I thought I do a pretty good job of staying on YELLOW. Obviously not. Today kicked me out of my complacency.

Bill
    Last edited by badgerw; December 27th, 2006 at 12:39 AM.

A live (thankfully) and learn type of day.

Don't beat yourself up over it. It turned out okay, and I'll put money on it that you be making the same mistake again for a long long time.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Sponsored Links