Explain this reciprocity issue please.

This is a discussion on Explain this reciprocity issue please. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My MO resident CCW is great. I can carry in every state I would ever want to except for Wisconsin. I love Wisconsin and have ...

Thread: Explain this reciprocity issue please.

Explain this reciprocity issue please.

My MO resident CCW is great. I can carry in every state I would ever want to except for Wisconsin. I love Wisconsin and have friends and family there, but have not visited in a few years. Wisconsin had not honored my MO RES permit until recently. However, they only honor MO RES permits issued after 8-27-13. I have had mine since 2012. The training standards for MO CCW have not changed and my current CCW does not expire any time soon. If I understand correctly, if i simply renew my current CCW by paying a fee, then Wisconsin will all of sudden honor my MO RES CCW. What am I missing? Wisconsin does not get a portion of the fee I would pay to my local sheriffs department and I don't have to re-qualify for my CCW. Why would Wisconsin care when my CCW gets renewed if nothing is really changing? OR am I looking at this all wrong and what I really need to do is re-take the CCW class and start from scratch. I am more then confused. I would gladly pay the fee so I could CC in Wisconsin, but I have a feeling it wont be that simple. I only say this because my CCW wont change any, therefore, there would be no reason for Wisconsin to not honor my permit now.

2. Remove Ads

That is a new one on me. I lived in MO when the CCW was passed but apparently something changed in how the permit is issued. Did they just change the training requirements?

KC Concealed Carry LLC - Missouri CCW Laws

Previously MO did FBI check, but not NICS.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    Renew it and solve the problem...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    As ned eluded to, Wisconsin's big thing concerning reciprocity is that background checks be conducted usings NICS. If your state doesn't use NICS, your permit won't be honored.

VIP Member
    Some of WI regulations make you scratch your head. For example, they recognize a VA non-resident permit, but not the resident permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Pro
    Get the Utah permit. Easy to obtain and is valid in Wisconsin (and many other states, too)
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member

Links