Ohio Permit Renewal Turnaround Time

Ohio Permit Renewal Turnaround Time

This is a discussion on Ohio Permit Renewal Turnaround Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I took our Concealed Handgun License course in early March 2009, turned in the paperwork about the middle of the month, and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: Ohio Permit Renewal Turnaround Time

Thumbs up Ohio Permit Renewal Turnaround Time

My wife and I took our Concealed Handgun License course in early March 2009, turned in the paperwork about the middle of the month, and got our licenses about 5 or 6 weeks later in April. The attorney general's website says you can renew your license up to 90 days before it expires, and recommends you do so early. So, since our licenses were going to expire this April, we filled out the paperwork and I called the Clark County Sheriff's Office to set up an appointment to turn the paperwork in.

I anticipated that it might take a week or two, or even more, to get an appointment. I was pleasantly surprised when I called on the afternoon of February 18th and was told they had two openings the next day at 2:00 and 2:30! I went to the bank and got a bank check (they no longer take personal checks, nor do they take cash) and the next day, Wednesday the 19th of February, my wife and I went to the Sheriff's Office, turned in our paperwork, got fingerprinted, photographed, and paid the fees. We were told it would probably take a couple of weeks for the new licenses to come in and that they would call us to let us know when we could come and pick them up.

I was pleasantly surprised, again, when we received phone calls from the Sheriff's Office on Thursday, February 27th saying our licenses were ready to be picked up! So we got our renewal licenses on the 8th day from when we turned in the applications.

I'm not sure how long it is taking in other counties, but Clark County is doing great on license turnaround time!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

In my experience, times vary widely depending on which sheriff's office you use. Sounds like Clark County is a good one though.
    JDE101 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sponsored Links