What would you do in this situation.....

This is a discussion on What would you do in this situation..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are at your childs school which is obviously a gun free zone, and your waiting out in the parking lot for your child to ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What would you do in this situation.....

What would you do in this situation.....

You are at your childs school which is obviously a gun free zone, and your waiting out in the parking lot for your child to come out to get in the vehicle. You have your CC on you. You of course are not allowed in the school while you CC, but in Michigan you can drop off and pick up your child at school while you CC but that is it. So what if someone goes into the school and starts shooting and your child is inside? You are not allowed to be somewhere your not while you are CC. Would you go in and try to do something possibly taking out he perp knowing full well that you are breaking the law of CC. Or would you call the police and let them try and handle the situation. Just kinda curious what you all would do in a situation like this. Be interesting to see the results.

2. Remove Ads

In that particular situation, laws be damned. I'm going to get my child AT ANY COST!

Let me ask YOU a question. Do you have children? I'm sure every single person here that has a child will answer the same as I did. These is no greater responsibility I have than to protect my children. I will do it with any resource I have available.
    Springfield Armory XDS .45
    Kahr CM9
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

VIP Member
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones. That should answer your question.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

^^^

This... who cares about the law when your child is in danger? I'd even run a red light to get there if I had to... I'm not proud of it, but there it is.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

That decision took about.045 sec to make. It would be a resounding yes.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMRohde View Post
    You are at your childs school which is obviously a gun free zone, and your waiting out in the parking lot for your child to come out to get in the vehicle. You have your CC on you. You of course are not allowed in the school while you CC, but in Michigan you can drop off and pick up your child at school while you CC but that is it. So what if someone goes into the school and starts shooting and your child is inside? You are not allowed to be somewhere your not while you are CC. Would you go in and try to do something possibly taking out he perp knowing full well that you are breaking the law of CC. Or would you call the police and let them try and handle the situation. Just kinda curious what you all would do in a situation like this. Be interesting to see the results.
    I'm going in, as quickly as possible.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

In fact, I'm going in with or without a weapon if I don't have one on me. You have no idea the lengths people would go to in order to protect their children.
    ccw9mm and BurgerBoy like this.
    Kahr CM9
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Your results wont vary at all. I think everyone here would have the same first reaction. Your question should be would a parent care about the aftermath of breaking that law. HELL NO, are you kidding. Any parent worth there weight would go get there kid out right away and save as many others as possible. And yes, you would bring your gun with you, duh, there is a bad guy with a gun inside. Laws take a back seat when lives are on the line, especially the lives of children. Do I care about going to jail if my daughter is dead, not in the slightest. If you make it out of the situation alive, depending on who you are, where you live, and the lawyer you can afford, you may or may not go to jail. Lets say our kids are friends and you are picking both our kids up. I would expect you to go in because I would do it for you. This is all assuming you KNOW there is a threat inside the building. We all know lock downs are a joke and do nothing to save lives.
    CLASS3NH and BurgerBoy like this.

A slight twist on the popular saying..."Better to be judged by 12 than have my kid carried by 6."

I'd think any DA would have a hard time getting reelected if they pressed charges against someone who stopped a massacre.
    BurgerBoy, NONAME762 and CLASS3NH like this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Quote Originally Posted by SMRohde View Post
    This is a trick question, right?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Already thought that one thru: I would tell someone on the way in to alert the police that I am in there, then draw and enter, slowly. No question that I am going in, but the consequences run from jail to death with certainty. I could never live with myself if I was armed and stood by at a shooting like Columbine or Sandy Hook waiting for the police to arrive. Damn the lawyers, full speed ahead!

There are many times in life the law of man is irrelevant. This is exhibit 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdogbubba View Post
    Already thought that one thru: I would tell someone on the way in to alert the police that I am in there, then draw and enter, slowly. No question that I am going in, but the consequences run from jail to death with certainty. I could never live with myself if I was armed and stood by at a shooting like Columbine or Sandy Hook waiting for the police to arrive. Damn the lawyers, full speed ahead!
    Me either. I don't think I'd even have to think about it. Throw in the fact that YOUR child is in there, no question. This is a silly question to ask. Has the OP answered whether or not they have children of their own? Otherwise, I don't know why you'd ask a question you already know the answer to.
    CLASS3NH, mook012 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Kahr CM9
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

I do not have kids but my friends do so I pick them up and drop them off sometimes when their work gets in the way. I would go in asap.
    BurgerBoy, CLASS3NH and mook012 like this.

In my mind there is an EXTREMELY short list of things worth doing that risk spending the rest of my life in prison..... Protecting the life of my children and my wife are at the top of the list.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links