Finally got my Gold Dot

This is a discussion on Finally got my Gold Dot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since I got my Glock 19 I had been wanting Speer Gold Dot 124g, but could never find it and was using Remington Ultimate Defense ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Finally got my Gold Dot

Finally got my Gold Dot

Since I got my Glock 19 I had been wanting Speer Gold Dot 124g, but could never find it and was using Remington Ultimate Defense instead.

But today I finally picked up a bunch of boxes and... my life is completely the same. As you were, everyone...
    LimaCharlie and bigpapa like this.

2. Remove Ads

Wow... now I can sleep easy tonight!
    DontTreadOnI and bigpapa like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The universe is back in alignment.
    bigpapa likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

VIP Member
    I'm happy for you.
    bigpapa likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I have a stock of Gold Dots in 9mm. But they're only a close favorite to the Critical Duty and Critical Defense. I also stock Golden Sabers and would load HST's if I could find deals on them like I have the Hornady's. By no means is there anything wrong with Gold Dots.

VIP Member
    Glad you found your bullet of choice. My personal preference is Federal HST.
    bigpapa likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is a nice round ! Now the BGs are gonna start running to my state from yours! Thanks a lot. Just joking.

GH
    Gold Dot in .40 cal is the official Milwaukee PD issue ammo. Now you can go on with your life secure in the knowledge that except for caliber you meet with their approval.

My choices for SD ammo in order are -

Speer Gold Dot 165 gr
    Hornady Critical Duty (couldn't find any Critical Defense) 175 gr
    Federal HST 180 gr
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Gold Dots are (well, were, I'm retired) also the issued ammo of my department. Used them for years, even into retirement. But I reluctantly made the switch to Critical Defense very recently.

I live in NY but am close to the NJ border at two points in my county and I find myself there fairly often. Can carry with my HR218 but Critical Defense skirts the whacky laws barring hollow-points.
    FlaRon likes this.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by WMac19 View Post
    Gold Dots are (well, were, I'm retired) also the issued ammo of my department. Used them for years, even into retirement. But I reluctantly made the switch to Critical Defense very recently.

I live in NY but am close to the NJ border at two points in my county and I find myself there fairly often. Can carry with my HR218 but Critical Defense skirts the whacky laws barring hollow-points.
    We're fortunate in WI that we don't have those restrictions on ammo. Isn't it a known fact that if you shoot someone with FMJ you'll also hit the kid playing a half block away? lol
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I am a fan of the 124g Gold Dot. I carry that in my G19 and my G26. My HD Glock 19 has COR-BON DPX +P.

As I recall, someone can correct me, the 124g Gold Dot is the standard 9mm cartridge used by the NYPD. I've no idea what the local PD uses.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    We're fortunate in WI that we don't have those restrictions on ammo. Isn't it a known fact that if you shoot someone with FMJ you'll also hit the kid playing a half block away? lol
    Lol, yeah... Through cement and engine blocks even. ;-) Crazy, because JHP is a "safer" round all things considered. Can't wait til I move to NC!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    As I recall, someone can correct me, the 124g Gold Dot is the standard 9mm cartridge used by the NYPD. I've no idea what the local PD uses.

Fitch
    124gr, +P. I still have a few boxes but I still had to check to be sure, lol...

Good for you! 124gr+P GDHPs have been my go to round for PD for a lot of years.
    Carry means carry. That means all of the time. If you don't, you're just kidding yourself and opening up options for someone to take you down.

I carry 300 grain Speer Gold Dots in my Desert Eagle 50AE.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have the 230g Speer Short Barrel Gold Dots in my XDs. Those things are sort of like shallow flying ashtrays. I have the standard 230g Speer Gold Dot in the magazines for my G30, SIG C3, and FNX45T. The Gold Dots seem to feed flawlessly in my .45's.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links