Your opinion please: G23 or PX4 Storm

This is a discussion on Your opinion please: G23 or PX4 Storm within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my Christmas cash and gift cards in hand, I'm ready to purchase a new .40. The choices are the Glock 23 or the Beretta ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion please: G23 or PX4 Storm

With my Christmas cash and gift cards in hand, I'm ready to purchase a new .40.

The choices are the Glock 23 or the Beretta PX4. Both are about the same size (Glock is a little lighter). I believe the G23 holds more rounds in the magazine. They are about the same price here ($499).

EDC now is Bersa .380 CC and ocassionally Beretta 92 FS or S & W 637. I think the .40 will provide a little more stopping power.

I have handled both and they seem comfortable. The Beretta has a manual safety.

I'd appreciate opinions and advice.

Thanks!

I had a 23 for awhile. Nice gun, decent amount of rds in a mid sized & light weight package.

Friend I traded it to will not part with it.

Assistant Administrator
    I'm not anti Glock at all but there are features I prefer on the PX4 - and I say that as a non Beretta owner too.

Mind you, have shot Glocks and not the PX4 but on paper it would be my choice, subject to some more intimate aquaintance.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1911 Fan Here...

I have two Kimbers and one Beretta, and one Glock...
    Although I usually carry my Kimber, I sometimes carry my Glock-36.
    With that being said, why not climb right to the .45? Whatever your choice, I would go with Glock (keeping in your price range).

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JT
    I've had a G23 for about 14 years and never had a problem with it. It's my daily carry weapon.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    With my Christmas cash and gift cards in hand, I'm ready to purchase a new .40.

The choices are the Glock 23 or the Beretta PX4. Both are about the same size (Glock is a little lighter). I believe the G23 holds more rounds in the magazine. They are about the same price here ($499).

EDC now is Bersa .380 CC and ocassionally Beretta 92 FS or S & W 637. I think the .40 will provide a little more stopping power.

I have handled both and they seem comfortable. The Beretta has a manual safety.

I'd appreciate opinions and advice.

Thanks!

I own both and I can say in my opinion go for the Glock. The PX4 is a great pistol but it is much heavier then the Glock and the handle is longer, not by much but enough to notice in a carrying scenario. Other then that it is a personal decision for you. I would highly suggest you try both before you buy if possible.

I carry the PX4 in 9mm every day. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and haven't had one malfunction of any kind. It is accurate and feels good in the hand. While I haven't shot the Glock, and many people swear by them, you can't go wrong with the PX4 either.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Of the two, I find the Beretta a more desirable choice. I don't personally have either, though Ive shot both. I have XDs which I love, but both of your choices are good ones.

Tough choice

I've owned a Glock 23 for 6 years and have handled the new Beretta PX4 but not shot it.

The Beretta is slightly larger than the Glock, weighing about 3-4 ounces more, and has a more comfortable grip. But the main distinction between the two guns is the trigger action, with the Glock having a double action only with internal striker and a 5.5 lb. trigger pull on all shots. The Beretta has a traditional DA/SA trigger with external hammer and manual safety/decocker. I presume the first DA shot with the Beretta is roughly a 10 lb. trigger pull, then it would drop down to perhaps 5 lb. SA shots from there forward. So if you had a distinct preference for one trigger design over the other, your choice would be clear.

Another fairly unique feature of the Beretta is the rotating barrel design, similar to the old Beretta Cougar. This is claimed by Beretta to reduce muzzle jump somewhat.

Not to confuse your choice, but while examining the Beretta recently in the gun store, I also looked at the new FNP polymer framed semiauto, which has features and price very similar to the Beretta. The FNP was quite attractive, and I have since read good reports about it:

I'd go with Glock personally.

I know nothing about the Storm, but I do know that I love my G23.

They are both good choices (though I personally don't like Glocks) I'd say go for the one that feels best in your hand.

I own and carry both. As said, Glock comes in only one trigger configuration. PX4 has multiple now. F - DA/SA w combo decocker and safety. G - DA/SA w decocker only. a DAO Version and a Constant action (supposed to be like the sig DAK trigger). I have the G model.

PX4 a little bigger in size. PX4(14 + 1), 23 (13+1)

If I had to do it over again I would buy the Constant trigger version. Outside of that, PX4 a little bigger/heavier and different trigger configurations.

Do what I did (if you can) get one of each.

Not so much a comment on either gun (they're both good choices) but a few thoughts on being an early adopter. Glock has been around for many years, and there are tons of accessories. I haven't researched it yet, but I know the Storm is new. You might want to check out the available accessories before you make your final decision. If the accessories you want (holsters, etc...) are already available, then go for the one that feels the best in your hand.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Well, the PX4 is bigger, but other than that, I'd say the PX4 wins hands down. More capacity (13 vs 14), rotating barrell, numerous configurations, Beretta legendary reliability, no under supported round problem...

Glock is nice for a nightstand gun that you don't want to have to worry about finding a safety with, but Beretta would make a better EDC or OCW and likely better target weapon too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links