Only in The Rio Grande Valley

This is a discussion on Only in The Rio Grande Valley within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; McALLEN — Police are asking for the public’s help in arresting a man accused of trying to rob a small store using a realistic-looking toy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Only in The Rio Grande Valley

Only in The Rio Grande Valley

McALLEN — Police are asking for the public’s help in arresting a man accused of trying to rob a small store using a realistic-looking toy rifle before being chased away by the store owner, who pulled out another fake gun.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to a nail salon in the 1400 block of South Jackson for a robbery, said police Chief Victor Rodriguez.

On Thursday afternoon, police investigators identified 20-year-old Andres Fuentes as the man who they believe walked into the business carrying what appeared to be an assault rifle and threatened the people inside in order to take an undisclosed amount of money. Fuentes managed to get away, but less than an hour later tried to rob a second business, according to a police news release.

At the second business, in the 2700 block of South 23rd Street, Fuentes walked in and pointed the toy rifle at the store owner, who also pulled out a realistic-looking but fake gun, police said in a news release.

“The suspect fled the area and dropped the rifle, which we determined to be a toy,” Rodriguez said.

Police are asking for information leading to Fuentes’ capture. Tipsters remain anonymous and can get a reward. Anyone with information is asked to call (956) 687-8477.

iortiz@themonitor.com

If this is not the right forum please move.

Robert
    Glock1978 and BenGoodLuck like this.

2. Remove Ads

Didn't see this on the news LMAO,gonna have to post for friends to see and share at the Pharr Gun Club meeting Tonight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Shucks, I'd expect something like that from downtown Dallas.
    John515 likes this.

Idiot kid. He could be shot by a store owner with enough sense to carry a real gun. Maybe the next time you read about him he'll have been shot dead, or maybe he will have learned a lesson. I hope it's the latter. Either way, I think it is a good thing.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Picturing the 2 of them running down the street hollering at "PEW..PEW...PEW....fall down I shot you!!!"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Picturing the 2 of them running down the street hollering at "PEW..PEW...PEW....fall down I shot you!!!"
    'Merica.
    Darenger likes this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

I wonder if they can get suspended from work for playing like they had guns?
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Idiots, both the BG and store clerk. Pulling out toy guns is a good way to end up really dead.
    airslot and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Given the location, I suspect they would be hollering "PEW...PEW...PEW... caer te di!!!"

This is the area my wife and I are looking at moving to in the next couple of years. As a matter of fact we're flying down there on thursday to look around at houses. At least if this kind of thing keeps going on I want have to worry about there being any comics in the local paper!!

Stupid enough to rob a place with a toy gun.. even dumber trying to protect yourself from thugs with a toy gun.. he was mucho lucky this time
    blitzburgh and BenGoodLuck like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

No you didn't, you missed me.
    BenGoodLuck and archer51 like this.

VIP Member
    Never bring a toy gun to a toy gun fight. Fingers are better...they never run out of imaginary ammo.
    TopGun47 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    No you didn't, you missed me.
    PEW.....PEW.....PEW.....PEW Got you that time!!! I used the really loud bullets!!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Gotta love the Valley! I didn't see it in this article but that kid tried to rob a Drive-Thru convenience store in Pharr (Kans n Kegs) that was in his city probably close by his home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links