Scenario: Never seen this discussed

This is a discussion on Scenario: Never seen this discussed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So say you are at a ice cream shop where you can legally carry and you sit down and start eating ice cream...a couple tables ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Scenario: Never seen this discussed

So say you are at a ice cream shop where you can legally carry and you sit down and start eating ice cream...a couple tables over you realize someone is calling 911 and they say someone in the store has a gun. You realize your shirt came up and they saw your pistol in IWB holster. Yes it's careless and shouldn't happen but that's besides the point. What do you do? Call 911 and tell them u have ur CHL? Go talk to the people?

Just curious your thoughts.

PS- glock 23 somehow managed to jump in my car upon leaving the LGS!
    BenGoodLuck and baren like this.

I don't think getting up and approaching the folks that called 911 on you is a great idea.
    Badey, oldman45, Exacto and 14 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Just casually leave. Response time is in tens of minutes.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Finish my ice cream and wait for the LEO's

hmm. curious to see the responses. i definately wouldn't approach the caller. that would just incite them more. i would probably give them a "look". so they knew, i knew. and then calmy walk to the front of the establishment, and await the arrival of the police. it's all i can think to do.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Cover the firearm, pull out your permit and driver's license, put them on the table. Finish your ice cream while waiting for the police. Follow ALL instructions when the police arrive.

VIP Member
    OC is legal in Ohio, so I would finish my ice cream.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Order a cone for the arriving officer.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'd just continue on my business and wait for the cops to come. Then tell them I'm a CPL and I'm legally operating within my rights. Pretty simple actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    I would not engage the other people. I would enjoy my Greater's Ice Cream (here in Ohio) which would be a double scoop in a waffle cone of mint chocolate chip and Buckeye Blitz or Peanut Butter Chip. If while I was still enjoying some of the best ice cream on the planet and LE enforcement showed, I would follow their instructions. If they hadn't showed by the time I finished my ice cream, I would leave.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    I would not engage the other people. I would enjoy my Greater's Ice Cream (here in Ohio) which would be a double scoop in a waffle cone of mint chocolate chip and Buckeye Blitz or Peanut Butter Chip. If while I was still enjoying some of the best ice cream on the planet and LE enforcement showed, I would follow their instructions. If they hadn't showed by the time I finished my ice cream, I would leave.
    Pretty much covers it, except for the peanut butter ice cream.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

VIP Member
    I would shoot the callers phone out of his hand and tell him to make my day punk .
    < OR>

I would take my ID and Permit out and finish my ice cream and wait for the police . Because i do not waste ice cream
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjcrosson View Post
    So say you are at a ice cream shop where you can legally carry and you sit down and start eating ice cream...a couple tables over you realize someone is calling 911 and they say someone in the store has a gun. You realize your shirt came up and they saw your pistol in IWB holster. Yes it's careless and shouldn't happen but that's besides the point. What do you do? Call 911 and tell them u have ur CHL? Go talk to the people?

Just curious your thoughts.

PS- glock 23 somehow managed to jump in my car upon leaving the LGS!
    First off how do you know that they are calling 911 on you ? Now days everyone is on their cell so what makes you think it is about you? Playing along with your scenario, you have done nothing wrong you have a CC license and you finish your ice cream.
    BurgerBoy and BenGoodLuck like this.

Finish ice cream. If the officer's come they come, I'm not waiting around nor am I accelerating my pace because of them.

As for covering my firearm or pulling out any permission slips, nope. And I'm not following 'all instructions' either. Officers are there to enforce the law and absent any suspicion that I'm doing something against the law, I have no obligation to follow instructions unless arrested or detained.
    wellpoison likes this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I feel the topic has not been discussed because it would be unlikely to happen. People would think you are a LEO or that you have a permit to carry. Now if you were sitting in a place holding it or playing with it, all bets are off and you might be headed to the Grey Bar Motel very shortly with a Brandishing charge.
    StormRhydr and Oldpsufan like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links