How to carry while jogging or workout

This is a discussion on How to carry while jogging or workout within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may not be much on style or if what I am wearing matches. But, I do know enough that jogging or working out with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to carry while jogging or workout

How to carry while jogging or workout

I may not be much on style or if what I am wearing matches. But, I do know enough that jogging or working out with jeans or shorts with a large belt (for IWB) and super large shirt (so wind does not expose gun) is not right.

I wear light weight as much as possible.

So, how do I carry? and what do I carry? I assume my Beretta PX4 Compact is not quite compact enough for this attire.

I also am prone to sweating, a lot. (I guess I never got that Wisconsin blood out of me, thank God) and being in the hot south does not help.

Any advice would help, because I need to lose this spare John Deere Tractor tire from around my waist, but not sure of safety of jogging in the coolness of the morning or late at night.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Have you tried a small pocket gun like an LCP?
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    I carry a Glock 30 SF in a belly band (The Original Belly Band Made in USA). I also use a belt around the belly band to provide additional security (the belt goes under the grip of the gun and holds it securely in place. I wear a t-shirt under the belly band and sweatpants and a loose fitting workout shirt. If you sweat a lot, clean the gun when you get back from working out. I have also worn shorts with the same setup.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    If you sweat a lot, clean the gun when you get back from working out.
    Do you clean the who gun (break it down) or just wipe down the outside?

I used to wear a belly band (The original - the kind made to help you sweat off the belly fat, not a holster type) about 20 years ago when I used to run more, I can just see the river off sweat flowing behind me with two belly bands on.

Belly band, Fanny pack (I'd look for one that has a holder for water bottles), Thunderwear/Smart carry, 3speed, Pistol wear…any of those (or similar styles) would/should work well for jogging…either that or simply embrace the spare tire!

As for cleaning the pistol after…would likely just wipe it down (and depending on how often you're shooting), give it a through cleaning on occasion, though how often would depend on which type of holster you end up choosing.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Try one of those hang your pistol holster like a 3 speed or smart carry and maybe a smaller 380.

I pocket carry a Springfield Armory XDs-45 and a spare magazine at the gym on the treadmill or in the weight room. I wear shorts with a belt and a one size larger t-shirt.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I bought a Ruger LCP for this reason lol. I tried carrying my PX4C but I'm a scrawny looking guy so wearing bigger clothing makes me look like a wanna be thug. LCP fits the bill and I notice that I carry the LCP more often.

Buy a non-tactical looking fanny pack and sew a nylon type holster onto the inside of the back. You would be amazed at how large a gun you can conceal this way. Doesn't look 'cool', but it does the job while cycling for me, and I imagine it would work for running.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle. These holsters are made for active use. A magnetic catch button over the pocket holds the gun while jogging, etc. Check them out. Light and airy material, you can wash if wanted.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I use the 3Speed Holster (No I don't work for them, I am a bonafide user of the product)

My Review of the 3 Speed Holster

DSCN4718c.jpgDSCN4719c.jpg
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Small gun .. Pocket carry or Remora no clip or Amazon.com: Packin Tee V-NECK Holster Shirt / Shoulder Holster-Deep Conceal-Concealed Gun Shirt, Cross Draw Holster, More Versitile Than a 5.11 Tactical S/S Holster Shirt: Sports & Outdoors Holster Shirt | 5.11 Tactical Concealed Carry Undergear Shirts or the underware version ...

I go for a very small single stack gun and a spare mag ...

XDS
    LCP and p3at or p32 and clones
    any lightwight single stack polymore gun
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Glad I am old
    PEF likes this.

VIP Member
    I use a fanny pack. May not make a fashion statement but it holds my gun, spare mag, my keys, an energy gel, some cash, and my gym ID with no problem.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    SImple. Give up jogging and working out. No problem and no sweating.
    Yoda and LuvMyPX4 like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links