KS CCW approval

KS CCW approval

This is a discussion on KS CCW approval within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After submitting my paperwork and fingerprints on January 21, I got the notice in the mail today that I have been approved. I will be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iHunt

Thread: KS CCW approval

KS CCW approval

After submitting my paperwork and fingerprints on January 21, I got the notice in the mail today that I have been approved. I will be going to the DMV tomorrow mid morning to get the permit printed.

I'm pretty excited to finally be getting my permit, as I have talked about doing it since I turned 21. It only took me 2 years to get the ball rolling, but better late than never I guess!

Is there anything I should be looking for/be aware of? I have been studying the KS laws, I already have my IWB holster broken in, and I have been working on my SA since the CCW class.
    GlockHawk17 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Can't say much about what to be aware of because I don't know the laws there but congratulations on the permit. Be safe and enjoy.

VIP Member
    Best wishes on getting your permit and hopes that you, and the rest of us, will not have to actually use the gun that you will now be carrying to protect yourself and those you care about.

As far as working on your SA.........remember the first rule of a gun fight: "Don't be there!" Use that SA to remove yourself whenever possible.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post

As far as working on your SA.........remember the first rule of a gun fight: "Don't be there!" Use that SA to remove yourself whenever possible.
    I agree. I'm not much of a town person, so my chances of being in a bad situation involving humans are somewhat lower always being out in the country.

Just to add ... If you know a good lawyer ... Might be good to have his card on you in case you have to use said gun.. Also not sure the laws but if you can carry a stun gun or mace to avoid having to use the gun all the better I say ie equal force matching ...And look into getting some form of a small safe for your car to lock your gun in if you have to go to a no gun zone ...

And if you have not already maybe get a blue gun or laser gun and pratci draw and fire from holster and at the range ...

Also looking into what you wear and see if the gun/holster prints in cerian clothing and go from ie bending etc ...

Good luck and be safe ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Went to the DMV today to get my permit, so after I got my paper version I went to Walmart and Carquest... Just seemed like a normal outing with a little extra weight on my right side. Was kind of expecting a little more rush. On the other hand, a police officer was staring my truck down as I was driving and carrying (illegal window tint on my truck), so I got a little rush there thinking I was going to be pulled over. My mind was racing on whether or not I was going to tell the officer I was carrying when he came to my window

VIP Member
    Once you become a carrier, you become aware of a lot of things - like the tint on your truck windows - that could possibly cause problems. Clothing fit is only one of the lifestyle changes that come with the privilege and responsibility. It is worth it!!!!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Nice to see a fellow Kansas boy be "geared up"

Sponsored Links