How Long for AZ CCW Permit Renewal?

This is a discussion on How Long for AZ CCW Permit Renewal? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine seems to be taking a long time this time. I remember it being quicker the last time I renewed it. Although we don't need ...

Thread: How Long for AZ CCW Permit Renewal?

How Long for AZ CCW Permit Renewal?

Mine seems to be taking a long time this time. I remember it being quicker the last time I renewed it.

Although we don't need a permit in AZ; I still like having one. Anyone else seeing delays these days?
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

2. Remove Ads

Interesting that this post did not receive a single reply. I guess folks in AZ aren't getting a CCW since one is no longer needed to carry concealed. By the way; it took 83 days to get it and a phone call to find out why it was taking so long.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Really, that long? Did you get any explanation?

Mine will be up for renewal next year. When I applied back in 2010 it took 9 days to get it, and that included time for the mail back and forth.

My last renewal didn't take long either. I guess the background check is slammed right now. They said don't call until the 75 days were up so I waited and then had it the following weekend.

All the lady on the phone said was that it was still in the background check. If it was ready she would print out the card and send it out that Friday. I got it on Saturday. I guess the best thing to do is to apply for the renewal as soon as the paperwork comes in the mail.
    Last edited by Boomer928; March 24th, 2014 at 01:56 AM.
    -Evan Marshall

A recent application has taken a goodly long time. A response to an email (quite timely to be noted) indicated that the delay was due to waiting for the FBI background check. We are still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer928 View Post
    I guess the best thing to do is to apply for the renewal as soon as the paperwork comes in the mail.
    How far ahead of time do you get the notice in the mail?

Sponsor
    I never received the notice to renew, renewed by mail, sent the funds 30 days before expiration. It was 3 weeks late getting here so that made it 7 weeks total. Mine renews in Nov.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by 74 View Post
    How far ahead of time do you get the notice in the mail?
    I got mine about 6 weeks before it expired.
    -Evan Marshall

Mine expires in July so I'll be renewing it soon. I'll let you guys know when I get the renewal notice and when it actually comes in. And just throwing this out there I took my Nevada CCW class at the end of February and the instructor said they were running around 90 days and the reason he was being told is delays in background checks.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

When I got mine in Oct 2010 it was 14 days mailbox to mailbox. That was before AZ's permit became the "new FL permit" that everybody wanted.

Mine took awhile, maybe a month or so.

Distinguished Member
    Not sure if renewals get fast-tracked, but I spoke with AZ DPS this morning, and they're currently entering new apps from mid-Feb.

So they're sitting around at least 5-6 weeks just to get them started.

Sorry guys, forgot to update. I got my notice in mid May, sent my form and money order off on 3 June and got it back sometime during the week of 23-28 June (I wasn't feeling to good so I didn't walk down to the mail box until Saturday afternoon.)

As far as Nevada, I turned in my application on 26 Feb and received it on 18 June. They had about a week until the 120 day mark.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Links