Just Went to RED

Just Went to RED

This is a discussion on Just Went to RED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in a compound (lol) of 6 unit townhouses.. Just heard a loud bang or gunshot followed by a scream....grabbed my bedside G17 with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Went to RED

Just Went to RED

I live in a compound (lol) of 6 unit townhouses..
    Just heard a loud bang or gunshot followed by a scream....grabbed my bedside G17 with the TRL3 attached....cleared downstairs and the basement... switched to 'light only' outside.. ..so if a neighbor seen me they wouldnt flip out on the laser and make me the perp ....cleared the hedges... Checked on my next door neighbor....who was awakened too...he had his Browning hp in hand Theres no activity outside, all my assets are secure... I guess things go bump in the night LOL

Just heard on the scanner that somebody else reported it....so with the towns finest lookin for exploding methlabs and GSW victims ill go back to bed. I just wanted to share my adrenaline with you guys... Well anyways.... No activity on the scanner from AEP (power company)

UPDATE: next door neighbor...the one with the browning.....Garage door spring in the basement came off and shattered his trucks back glass . ..... those things are loud

I think you were in orange. Red is identified threat and engaging target no? Glad things are ok.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Springs arent just for guns!!

Probably Orange Then ... I was thinking the scale Green Yellow Red so...yeah... The spring has a little -- hook on the end into a eyebolt....it had stretched out -- L and slipped off...

He had the same problem once before, luckly no truck in the garage.... at least I can go to sleep now... I may retrofit my garage door springs in the morning LOL

Duct tape is good for that.

Smooth23.....Ducktape is good for lots uh !

So, was it the truck that screamed?

I had a spring let go last Friday while working from home. It is dam loud and does sound like a gun shot. I to went red and cleared the house with my 6946 but did not find anything until later in the day when I tried to open the garage door.

Atleast, the spring containment cable worked great and keep all the parts from flying around the garage. I have the long side extension springs. It did take about 20 minutes to get the spring off. This always happens over the Christmas holiday.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Should have cleared your house, then called the LEO's for the outside work. That's what they are paid and trained for doing.. What if the LEO's had rolled up while you were outside exploring with a hand full of Tupperware? Problems? Protect your interior/loved ones, let the LEO's do the outside work..

Don't worry, that'll buff right out.
    -Biker

I think the colors should have been: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate..

oh...... forgot.....I am retired, so dont need to know those
    colors anymore... Ok, White, Yellow, Orange, Red...

Glad it turned out just being that High tension spring..
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Lead Moderator
    had a spring just miss me when I was a kid, they sure are loud. Glad you are safe.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

What About...

the SCREAM? No one has answered that question yet...

The suspense...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I think the scream was kf4uel!

Those garage door springs can do some damage when they let go.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 28th, 2006 at 12:31 PM.

RE:

It was the spring that screamed LOL Just imagine POW then immediately thereafter u here ahhhhboing sounded just like the death noises on a rpg video game when u get shot ...

Quote Originally Posted by kf4uel View Post
    I live in a compound (lol) of 6 unit townhouses..
    Just heard a loud bang or gunshot followed by a scream....grabbed my bedside G17 with the TRL3 attached....cleared downstairs and the basement... switched to 'light only' outside.. ..so if a neighbor seen me they wouldnt flip out on the laser and make me the perp ....cleared the hedges... Checked on my next door neighbor....who was awakened too...he had his Browning hp in hand Theres no activity outside, all my assets are secure...
    So next time, be sure to get your cape pressed before doing your superhero duties.

What are you doing roaming around outside "..clearing the hedges..."? That's a good way to get into deep trouble, maybe even get shot by an arriving LEO.

Next time, call 911, stay in your home in a defensive posture, DON'T go out with your "partner" to save the world.

Last edited by JimmyC4; December 28th, 2006 at 09:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links