Well I Did It...

This is a discussion on Well I Did It... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For Christmas I bought my wife a purse designed for concealed carry and then we went down yesterday and she applied for her concealed carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I Did It...

Well I Did It... (Pictures Added)

For Christmas I bought my wife a purse designed for concealed carry and then we went down yesterday and she applied for her concealed carry permit . She has wanted it for a long time time and we finally got around to it. She has had a Taurus 38 Ultra lite for a couple of years now. Needless to say, she has been pretty happy about all of it . I finally did it right.

Ron

Last edited by ront; December 29th, 2006 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added pictures
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

Cool!
    What brand is it? Got any pics?

Post The Pics...

My wife would like to see what she got...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The purse is a good idea. My wife and I got our permits together, but she will very rarely carry. She says that she is afraid that she will forget it is in her purse and accidentally take it to work (security would probably catch it when she goes through).

A purse she only uses when carrying might just do the trick. Great idea! Thanks!

my wife as well would like to see it and know where she can get her hands on one! Im trying to get her to carry on person, but her clothes are so damn tight she would be printing all over the place.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Assistant Administrator
    I have still to put up with my wife being purse oriented for carry - and still trying to get her to carry much more often.

However - what she does use is a rather nice small shoulder bag I guess you could call it - given to her by a leather-working old buddy back in UK. It holds the Bersa very nicely and has nothing else in it, as her actual purse is always in a big pocket.

Way better than nothing but over time I'd like her to accept a belt as std wear and so have a small pancake rig. When we out I think she feels I am the sheepdog - probably true but - if out on her own she is way too lax in carrying. Still working on it!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thats great news :)

Purse for wife...

I talked my wife into ordering a purse months ago from Coronado Leather. I don't know exactly what it cost as I told her to look over the website & order the one she wanted. She did make the comment that it was fairly expensive. Several weeks later, I asked her if she had received it. She then sent an e-mail to the company & received a reply that it was being cut & would be shipped soon. That was quite awhile ago...perhaps around mid November.

My point is that you might look at options other than Coronado Leather as they don't seem to be very customer oriented.

I went to a local gun show about 3 weeks ago & noticed quite a few handbags, day planners, etc. designed for ladies concealed carry, but I wouldn't dare pick one out for her. Hopefully, the Coronado Leather product will eventually arrive & she'll like it & use it. If not, I'll get her to return it & look elsewhere.

It seems to me that any company could keep it's customers much happier by just communicating with them if only to say what progress is being made & tell them what the likely shipping date might be. By the time people contact the company to inquire where their order is, they're usually already somewhat pissed. It really shouldn't be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh00ter View Post
    Several weeks later, I asked her if she had received it. She then sent an e-mail to the company & received a reply that it was being cut & would be shipped soon. That was quite awhile ago...perhaps around mid November.
    I also had a similar thing happen when I ordered online from Coronado.....
    I ordered 2 items, and when I placed the order online, it said they would be shipped. When the package came, there was only one item in the box. The other was on backorder. I did finally receive the other item, and it was worth the wait, but you're right......

Quote Originally Posted by Sh00ter View Post
    It really shouldn't be that way.

My wife is very happy with her Coronado carry purse and carries all the time. While we've been exploring methods of on-body carry, nothing has worked out yet, so I'm pleased with purse carry.

About Coronado, I found it disappointing to have to wait so long...I mean, it isn't as though the purse has to be custom made for a specific gun, as is a holster! They do, however, have the best product on the market in my opinion.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Thanks for the comments all. I will try to get some pics and post them. The purse was made by Coronado Leather. It is smaller than what is shown on their website. I was told that it was a discontinued model. My wife did not want a large purse at all and this one is a very nice size. It seems to be very well made with some very nice leather. It is black.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Congrats to you and the wife.
    Now, you two can be a well armed team watching each others backs everywhere you go.

Let us know how she does in the class.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I added some pictures .

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

That is a nice Looking Purse.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    That is a nice Looking Purse.
    It is... unfortunately wouldn't match any of my outfits...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links