Trying for DE CCW, Anyone from DE in here?

This is a discussion on Trying for DE CCW, Anyone from DE in here? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum obviously :) My name is Jon I live in delaware. I frequent the shooting range quite often ...

Thread: Trying for DE CCW, Anyone from DE in here?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum obviously :)
    My name is Jon I live in delaware.
    I frequent the shooting range quite often to do both handgun/rifle shooting, as well as
    trap and skeet.

What brings me here is, I printed out the STACK of things I have to do to get a CCW in Delaware.
    Stinks that if I lived 10minutes north I'd live in a shall issue state...but anyway

One the application itself it says "Reason for applying be VERY specefic"
    What kind of answer are the looking for?
    Is self defense not valid enough?
    I know there are reasons you can put down like
    ==carry large sums of money
    --had threats against your life
    etc..

None of those apply(especially the first) :) :) lol

So what to put down?

Then comes the references...
    Sure I can get job references, but when it comes to guns...
    People are afraid to put their name on anything that has ANYTHING to do with guns...so there is that part

I guess I just have to take it step by step

First name in paper, then hand in that paperwork IF i can find references.. Unfortunatly I only have a few
    reputable friends I hang out with, all my old friends I broke off ties with I wouldn't want to use as reference
    anyway!

Then of course there is the classes I have to take...

Is there anyone else in here from Delaware that went through entire process? And if so how long did it take.
    And what "reason" did you put down.

Thanks guys/gals
    -Jon

And entire forum deciated to ccw and no one on here can offer ANY advice?

I'll Start...

Quote Originally Posted by StackedMak90 View Post
    How about...slow down and be polite! Perhaps today is a work day? You've waited barely an hour...
    You will find a lot of useful information within these threads...you'll get plenty of responses...

I'm not from DE and not familiar with your requirements...as far as a reason for the permit, I believe that 'self-defense' would suffice.

Gotta' go...work you know...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Can't tell ya,I'm not from there. I can tell ya Fla-Daz though.

Could be that why nobody has responded is that NOBODY has a carry permit in DE.

I have heard from friends stuff like,"it's darn near impossible",and "ya gotta know somebody".

This isn't to say don't try. Good luck and please let us know what you find out. ------

Lead Moderator

I'll Finish.........

Ret....... Please back down. the post has been up since 12/29, not for just an hour!

Stacked........ First, welcome to the forum.

You do need to lighten up, this was posted over a holiday weekend, and a lot of our members may have had more on their minds then checking in. If there are no answers, there just are none, sorry! Posting and complaining about a lack of answers will not produce what you want or need. It is also NOT the way we do things here.

Having said that, I sadly can't recall ever seeing a response from a Delaware member, and there is no Delaware section in the "Meet Me" part of the forum.

You may well be our first member from that state. If you are perhaps you might want to document the process you are going to be going through to help others in the future.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Member Mike11b is a Wilimington (DE) police officer.....PM him and ask the question or wait if he sees this message and responds....he might know the answers or he might not.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Delaware irony

I don't live in Delaware, but have 3 CCW permits honored there (Florida, Utah and Arizona). And here is a Delaware resident struggling a bit to get a permit to carry in his own state. My first question would be - does Delaware honor an out of state non resident permit carried by a Delaware resident? Some states do (like Missouri) but other states do not. This would be a "back door" for our poster if Delaware did not prohibit this practice.

Delaware is one of those rare "may issue" states that has pretty good reciprocity with other states. Other may issue states, like Iowa, New York, California, etc. generally don't recognize any out of state permits. Hopefully Delaware will become shall issue at some point in the future.

VIP Member
    One can thank pol's like Sen. Biden who make it difficult for DE residents to get a CCW license. When I was stationed at Dover AFB (DE), I couldn't get one.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

rstickle...My Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Ret....... Please back down. the post has been up since 12/29, not for just an hour!

Stacked........ First, welcome to the forum.

You do need to lighten up, this was posted over a holiday weekend, and a lot of our members may have had more on their minds then checking in. If there are no answers, there just are none, sorry! Posting and complaining about a lack of answers will not produce what you want or need. It is also NOT the way we do things here.

Having said that, I sadly can't recall ever seeing a response from a Delaware member, and there is no Delaware section in the "Meet Me" part of the forum.

You may well be our first member from that state. If you are perhaps you might want to document the process you are going to be going through to help others in the future.
    I missed the day and concentrated on the hour, my error...
    Must be all the snow we have here ...knocked off my detailed observations... that's it...

Respectfully...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

stacked...My Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by StackedMak90 View Post
    I misread the 'day' AND time...thought you were expecting an answer in just an hour...my goof...

I usually only allow myself two mistakes per year...with this being Jan 02...I'm going to have to be extra careful this year...

Take care...

ret
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; January 3rd, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    We really don't have alot of members from DE that I have noticed. For specific information I would consult http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and see if they expand on the specific requirements. It may also be helpful to call the agency responsible for issuing the permit and just shoot the breeze with them about it. They may give you some tips, BUT I would have the basic reasons you want one ready rather than trying the "it's my constitutional right" thing. That probably wouldn't work in Delaware....

And, welcome to the forum!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links