Taking the CCW Training tomorrow morning.

This is a discussion on Taking the CCW Training tomorrow morning. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My class is at 8am tomorrow morning! I must say that I feel like its the first day of school. Just trying to get a ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By chasbo00
  • 1 Post By ETXhiker

Thread: Taking the CCW Training tomorrow morning.

Taking the CCW Training tomorrow morning.

My class is at 8am tomorrow morning! I must say that I feel like its the first day of school. Just trying to get a feel of what to expect. I get that its "boring" or that its "easy" but I'm sure there will be a lot to take away from the 8 hour course. What do you guys think based on your experience?

2. Remove Ads

You should pay extra special attention when they start talking about the law, and use of force. The rest will be firearm safety..Good luck and enjoy
    Jasonk88s, DanielC and RebelSoul like this.

A good instructor will go over everything you should know.
    And will emphasize what you need to know.

So of it can be dull but most is interesting. Things you may never have known or realized.
    Usually meet a couple of peeps that have same questions as you.
    Jasonk88s likes this.

Ask your instructor what additional training he recommends specifically for you.
    Exacto likes this.

Congratulations! Hope you have fun with it.
    Jasonk88s likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonk88s View Post
    My class is at 8am tomorrow morning! I must say that I feel like its the first day of school. Just trying to get a feel of what to expect. I get that its "boring" or that its "easy" but I'm sure there will be a lot to take away from the 8 hour course. What do you guys think based on your experience?
    They removed the 8 hour requirement, at least here in SC. Thank God for that. We finished the class in 4 hours. And because this was before they removed it, we basically sat there and ate lunch until it was time to do the shootin part. Best part of the class IMO.

Make sure to write down any questions you have since many times a class gets rolling and you can easily forget to ask when you get caught up in the train of thought.

Get a good nights sleep and focus on enjoying the class and learning a ton, don't dread it.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Congrats. Have a good time. If it has a practical portion that might be interesting. The laws pertaining to concealed carry in your area would be very important. Ask if there is any web site you can use for future reference, if you have any questions later. Try to digest as much as possible.

Great! Congrats! Pay attention because even those of us who have been shooting since we were kids still learned from the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

Just got my Permit today.

I did not feel like sitting in an 8 hour class to get a permit. I chose to get my permit from Virginia. A one hour video on the internet about safety and I was good to go. Sent my test results and fingerprints along with $100 to the Virginia State Police and 6 weeks later I have my Non- Resident CCP. Missouri will honor any permit that is issued by any state. The Missouri Highway Patrol even posts it on their website and tells you to do it and Missouri will honor it. I do not think it is a good idea for someone that has never fired a handgun but if you are safety minded and already shoot at a range, this is a great way to get your permit.

Links