Application submitted but drivers license is soon to expire..

This is a discussion on Application submitted but drivers license is soon to expire.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings everyone my names Paul. Ok, let me start out that I am currently active duty MP stationed in Kansas at Ft. Leavenworth. Earlier today ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Application submitted but drivers license is soon to expire..

New Member Array littleredcrate's Avatar

Application submitted but drivers license is soon to expire..

Greetings everyone my names Paul. Ok, let me start out that I am currently active duty MP stationed in Kansas at Ft. Leavenworth. Earlier today I submitted all the information needed for my CCW to the sheriff's department. Now my real question/concern is that I am using an out of state ID that will expire in 10 days, and was just wondering if the Attorney General may look at my application and deny it because of that fact. When I submitted it at the sheriff's department the lady looked over all my information and didn't mention anything so I'm hoping I'm alright. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Has anyone been denied because their license was soon to expire? I will probably call the attorney general tomorrow and ask them if that's a problem I am actually going home on leave in 2 days so I will be getting another license. Any information will help and be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Everyone has a licenses that expire , and they are good till they expire . So what i mean you sent your information in before it expired so it would be good . I don't believe they are looking in the future and saying now this is expired . IMHO
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I was honestly thinking the same thing. I actually just renewed my license online so even if they look deeper into it they will see that I took care of it. I'll have it in the mail in a couple weeks. Thanks for the info, its much appreciated.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If your DL is from your home of record it does not expire as long as you're in the service and stationed outside of your home state. It is legal for you to have a DL from your home state (expired or not) or one from the state in which you are stationed.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    What OldVet said.

Welcome to the forum.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Now starts the waiting game. I've heard from some of the people in my company that the wait time for Kansas is around 30 days.

It depends on what state your DL is from. Most states don't expire DLs if you're on active duty orders (For CA, I had 30 days after I ETS'ed). Some states don't do that- check your state laws. I was pulled over by a Kansas state trooper and just handed him both my Military ID and my expired DL- he wrote my ticket and moved on.

On the other hand, my expired CA DL was a very minor issue when I went to get my USAFE/USAREUR DL in Germany- that particular clerk didn't know that my DL was good to go.

Links