No Guns in my Bank

This is a discussion on No Guns in my Bank within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Illinois, its fancy criminal protection signs (aka as gun free zones) are already proudly displayed on most of my local banks. I'm not their supporter ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: No Guns in my Bank

No Guns in my Bank

Illinois, its fancy criminal protection signs (aka as gun free zones) are already proudly displayed on most of my local banks. I'm not their supporter so their choice does not affect me, however, it makes me wonder why.

In my town there were several small bank robberies. None of them were done using an actual firearm. One of our local incidents included a fake bomb! So why bother when everyone knows that a set of harsh words will make any teller hand over the loot?

It's a shame because I would much rather support a local business than some JP Morgan Chase or BMO Harris. Just don't take Chase as an example and make everyone hate you, even criminals. Fake bomb...how ridiculous.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Our local credit union is gun friendly. I've noticed that many of the bigger nationwide institutions are not.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I wonder if banks' insurance would help a patron who is robbed prior to making a deposit. How would one go about determining how much money they had on them to make a valid claim?

It's a mixed bag around here as far as the banks go. Some of them have the signs us and some don't. It's even stranger when you go to one location and the signs up and the next location of the same bank and there's no sign. I guess each location has someone there that decides.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    As far as I can tell, not one bank in Marion, Ohio has gun buster signs posted.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Most banks and credit unions have signs on them around here.... but, they're not 'legal' signs. I don't know how it is in other states but in SC it's very specific about the sign color, size, where it's placed, etc. Most places don't have it right, thus making it legal for me to carry in there!
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by heritage1865 View Post
    Most banks and credit unions have signs on them around here.... but, they're not 'legal' signs. I don't know how it is in other states but in SC it's very specific about the sign color, size, where it's placed, etc. Most places don't have it right, thus making it legal for me to carry in there!
    Well even the signs around here that are the legal signs don't carry much weight. The most that can be done is they ask you to leave and if you don't it's tresspassing. I just think it's odd how they pick and choose which branches get the sign and which ones don't.
    Aceoky likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member
    In Texas these signs do not carry weight of law. If somehow the mgmt. were to notice you were carrying, all they could do is ask you to leave the premisis. If you refused to leave you could be charged with trespassing. My CU is also gun friendly.
    WannabeaCPA and BenGoodLuck like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

None of MY guns in your bank means none of my MONEY...in there either.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    I wonder if banks' insurance would help a patron who is robbed prior to making a deposit. How would one go about determining how much money they had on them to make a valid claim?
    Not a chance, you're on your own.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    It's so silly that these fine folks think that a sign will change a bank robbers mind, or any criminal. Their living in a dream world that only makes the sheep feel good that they are under the strongest protection when in fact they are living a lie.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    We don't have gun buster signs in FL banks, we have no hoodies, no hats, no sunglasses signs, all of which are completely ignored.
    redmc likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Here in my neck of TX the credit union that my car is financed through has a 30.06 (gunbuster) sign up but my normal bank doesn't have anything up. I wanted to ask one of the manager's about it the other day but I forgot. My normal bank is a nationwide bank too. I guess it depends upon the manager of that particular bank.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

MY CU in N. Florida says no guns and even has supposed metal detectors, but I have walked in with my firearm and no bells or alarms.
    Aceoky and Christopher67 like this.

The bank where I had my business account posted 'no gun' signs on all the doors. My response was to close the account, taking the balance in cash rather than a cashiers check, then walk across the street to another bank to open a new account.

The new bank provides free business checking accounts, no fee business VISA card, paid for my first order of checks, has more free off-street parking, better hours (including Saturdays), fresh coffee is always available (need an insulated travel mug to take that with you? No problem, sir), and friendlier service all around. I am spreading the word to every business owner I know.
    sdprof, Aceoky, ep1953 and 5 others like this.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links