Ruger LC9 holster - first time CCW

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 holster - first time CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, going to be buying my first carry gun, Ruger LC9, and I want to know what you think is the best IWB holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9 holster - first time CCW

Ruger LC9 holster - first time CCW

Hey everyone, going to be buying my first carry gun, Ruger LC9, and I want to know what you think is the best IWB holster to carry it? Also if you carry that gun or similar, feel free to post pics of you carrying (concealed and not) or at least your holster. Also any other pointers you have for me.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

I have the lc9 and use a n82 tactical pro model. Very comfortable to carry all day long and the Pro model is very rugged with a polycarbonate she'll and a suede back. Like it so much I just ordered another one for my s&w shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
    Chesafreak likes this.

Agree w skinnyb. I have N82 tactical pro. Very comfy gonna get one for my SR9c. I have 4 different holsters for my LC9 alone. Dont be afraid to try several. All of mine get used depending on dress. N82 is favorite

Would the n82 work good wearing shorts & t-shirt? Getting ready for spring/ summer :) Thanks!

Using Tapatalk

@jch01 yes but you need a stiff gun belt. Some use a remora sticky holster w shorts and no belt. Ive never tried it

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. When I had a LC9 I carried it in a holster made by this guy:

Home :: Jackson LeatherWork, LLC
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I use a cleveland comfort fit holster for mine when I carry it. It's a good holster and during the summer it keeps the grip off your skin.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

I also carried my LC9 in an N82 Tactical. It was my favorite holster before I sold it with the LC9. I want to get one for my Glock. Look into Galloway Precision's LC9 trigger parts. I installed it in my LC9 and it cut the trigger length of pull in half and was easier to shoot accurately. The only reason I sold my LC9 was that my wife wouldn't shoot it and wanted something with less recoil, so I sold it to fund another buy.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Any of you guys own the LCP and decide to switch to LC9? I was at first deciding between the LCP and Bodyguard, but now think going a little bigger will be worth it, and still carry decent. However I do like the idea of still getting the LCP at some point with a pocket holster.

Using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Can't help, never been a fan of pocket carry. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, just doesn't work for me.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I too have an lc9, but must admit to smiling every time I read a "what's the best...." thread. Asking what is the best holster is akin to asking what is the best car, pickup truck, etc, everyone likes what they have. The first thing you need to decide is what carry position works for you. IE, strongside, appendix, small of back or something in between. THEN buy a holster specifically designed for that position. What one likes the next guy hates. Eg, the crossbreed super tuck style holster is very popular, yet I can't stand that big honking piece of leather in my pants. Same for the n82. Your body type and manner of dress play a big role too.

Me, I'm an appendix carry guy and have three of these for my lc9, sr9c and commander sized 1911. http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thu...ppendix-carry/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395315513.734261.jpg

You will get as many different suggestions as replies since holsters is a personal thing. As suggested a good gun belt is very important. I prefer a kaydex holster since is thin and doesn't absorb sweat but that is just my opinion. I have several PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters. and quite pleased with his service and prices.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

I got a desantis intruder off of amazon for my lc9 and must say its really comfortable to wear all day, very happy with it

I carry mine in a DeSantis soft tuck,left appendix. Comfortable all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by jch01 View Post
    Any of you guys own the LCP and decide to switch to LC9? I was at first deciding between the LCP and Bodyguard, but now think going a little bigger will be worth it, and still carry decent. However I do like the idea of still getting the LCP at some point with a pocket holster.

I started out with an LCP and Glock 23. I pocket carried the LCP and didn't carry it with the G23 as a NY reload, I carried one or the other. Later I decided that I didn't want to trust my life to a 380, and traded the LCP for an LC9. It was easy to carry but couldn't pocket carry anymore. I missed being able to pocket carry the LCP and wished that I had kept it AND bought the LC9. The LC9 was my EDC and the Glock stayed home with the wife. Then she got her permit to carry, and she didn't like the recoil of the LC9, so I sold it to buy an SR9C, which is what she likes. Now my EDC is the Glock. When I'm in office attire it's hard to carry anything larger than the LCP and I miss having it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links