Do you always carry where it is legal to?

This is a discussion on Do you always carry where it is legal to? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I was taking my CWP class, the instructor was telling us all the places we can't legally carry. Then he said something that shocked ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Do you always carry where it is legal to?

Do you always carry where it is legal to?

When I was taking my CWP class, the instructor was telling us all the places we can't legally carry. Then he said something that shocked me. He started telling us places he has carried that it is illegal to carry. Places where it was not safe or whatever, justifiable places. His theory was it is better to be caught carrying than dead.

On this forum with the thousands, millions and who knows, maybe billions of the best people that have ever carried a gun, I have heard countless times that I need to read Ayoob.

Well, I am. I am going through his Concealed Carry book, and there is a section that talks about this.
    “They won’t find out I’m carrying illegally unless I need to use it, and if I need to use it, getting busted for it is the least of my worries.” You’ve heard that, right? Well, it’s a myth! The likelihood of the gun being found on you after a car crash or medical emergency, the likelihood of it being spotted or felt by someone in contact with you, may be greater than the likelihood of your needing to draw it in self-defense. Remember that in many jurisdictions the first offense of illegally carrying a gun is a felony, often bringing a minimum/mandatory one year imprisonment. And where it’s “only a misdemeanor,” remember that “only a misdemeanor” means “only 364 days in jail.” Not to mention a firearms-related crime on your record.

Be smart. Be legal. Carry only where the law allows you to do so.

So, what do you do when confronted with the choice, to go without your gun legally, or with your gun illegally?
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

2. Remove Ads

It is against forum rules to involved illegal advice or suggestions .....

No one is going to say oh yeah I caryy in no gun zones all the time .. Esp in states where that will get you in troubbble .....
    Kennydale and onacoma like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Administrator
    Rule #10 Forum Rules Page.
    10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.

CLOSED

No infraction points but, OP - Please review the forum rules page. The rules are strictly enforced here.
    ppkheat and msgt/ret like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links