Won't be moving to the dark (Glock) side

This is a discussion on Won't be moving to the dark (Glock) side within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today was an awesome day. I actually got my wife to shoot for the first time. (last time we went to range the were closing). ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Won't be moving to the dark (Glock) side

Won't be moving to the dark (Glock) side

Today was an awesome day.
    I actually got my wife to shoot for the first time. (last time we went to range the were closing). She shot around 100 rnds at 5, 7, & 10 yards and 90% were on body with around 60% in the 7 points or above. So proud of her.
    I also did pretty good, just couldn't get the both eye open thing to work. Even after practicing at home. Must need more practice.

Our gift certificate came with a free gun rental, so i had to try out the Glock 19 (since my PX4 is also 9mm) to compare side by side. Wife tried it too.
    All in all it is a nice gun, but, not as smooth and low recoil as my PX4C. Accuracy was about the same. Grip felt good, but, I guess I am used to the best (I had to say it).

So, I will let The Darth Vaders out there keep their Glocks, and I will stay with my Beretta. (Thanks for the pic DetChris)

Dark Side.jpg
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

2. Remove Ads

Leave um on the shelf! I'll take um all! Lol

Getting your wife to join you at the range is cool. Just don't overdo it. I would think 50 rounds might be enough, but ask her how many holes she wants to put through the target.

Let her decide how many, not you. She IS the boss you know.

My wife can only shoot about 20 rounds at a time with my 40 S&W. So I now bring the 22 pistol with us, and she'll shoot about 60 rounds of that, plus the two mags of the 40 S&W before she tires. She's at the point now where she is willing to experiment with other calibers, but it has been a slow process. I recommend not pushing it.
    gatorbait51 and revldm like this.

As TopGun said it's great getting your wife out there.

I'm with you on not going to the dark side. There's nothing I can put my finger on but for some reason I just can't get myself to like Glocks. Not trying to bash them it's just a personal thing.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by TopGun47 View Post
    Getting your wife to join you at the range is cool. Just don't overdo it. I would think 50 rounds might be enough, but ask her how many holes she wants to put through the target.

Let her decide how many, not you. She IS the boss you know.

My wife can only shoot about 20 rounds at a time with my 40 S&W. So I now bring the 22 pistol with us, and she'll shoot about 60 rounds of that, plus the two mags of the 40 S&W before she tires. She's at the point now where she is willing to experiment with other calibers, but it has been a slow process. I recommend not pushing it.
    Good advice, I just let her shoot what (Beretta or Glock), distance (3 - 10 yds), and how many. With the low recoil of the PX4C, she never complained at all and probably could have kept shooting, if I had brought more ammo.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Distinguished Member
    Neither am I!
    gatorbait51 and cjkent like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Congratulations on getting the wife out to shoot pistols! My wife will, once in a while, but has no interest in them or long guns. I think men are especially happy to see their wives and kids get in on shooting well because it makes the husband/father feel safer. He knows he can't be around them all the time, but feels relieved if they can defend themselves in a nasty encounter. BTW, I really like the G19 and shoot it well, but I have to agree with you when it comes to Beretta. I just love their products!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Not a Glock fan? Would have never expected that from someone with the username LuvMyPX4
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post

So, I will let The Darth Vaders out there keep their Glocks, and I will stay with my Beretta. (Thanks for the pic DetChris)

Dark Side.jpg
    The assimilation is not instantaneous. It requires time. You rented a Glock, and you touched a Glock. At this moment, the Glock virus is coarsing through your system. Over the next few weeks or months you will feel the need to go back to the LGS and rent ANOTHER Glock, just to make sure. One thing will lead to another and by this time next year you'll own several of them and that Beretta will be holding down your gunsafe. You'll still take it out on occasion, but you will immediately recognize the inherent inferiority of the design and you'll put it back quickly. Don't try to fight it. Just let the darkness creep over you...

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    The assimilation is not instantaneous. It requires time. You rented a Glock, and you touched a Glock. At this moment, the Glock virus is coarsing through your system. Over the next few weeks or months you will feel the need to go back to the LGS and rent ANOTHER Glock, just to make sure. One thing will lead to another and by this time next year you'll own several of them and that Beretta will be holding down your gunsafe. You'll still take it out on occasion, but you will immediately recognize the inherent inferiority of the design and you'll put it back quickly. Don't try to fight it. Just let the darkness creep over you...
    I love this. and now I understand why people like Glocks. According to what you said, they are all sick in the head (did I say that?) In reality, it is a fine gun, it is just that the first one I shot was a Beretta and the "B" virus got me first. haha
    gatorbait51 and cjkent like this.

I've been immunized to the Glock virus by exposure to the A virus "1911 A1" and the B Virus "Bersa" Total immunity. I fart in Glock's general direction. Ha.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I have had the gl19 for a few yrs now and love it.That said,look at it this way,if everyone wanted or liked the same kind of gun,imagine how high it would probably be..It would probably be really hard to get one..As the saying goes,different strokes for different folks.
    LuvMyPX4 and gatorbait51 like this.

I have owned a Glock G20 10mm since 1992. My current one is a G20 SF. My high capacity .45 ACP is an FNH FNX-45 Tactical with fifteen plus one. If FNH made an FNX Tactical in 10mm, I would sell my Glock G20 SF and buy the FNH.
    denclaste and gatorbait51 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    With so many Glock haters out there, how come the 42 is so hard to find?

(I already have the other models I wanted.)
    zonker1986 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    With so many Glock haters out there, how come the 42 is so hard to find?

(I already have the other models I wanted.)
    Who mentioned the words Glock Haters? lol I think of gun owners as falling into two camps. Those that own a Beretta, and those who will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links