CC Class today

CC Class today

This is a discussion on CC Class today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally made it to the CC class today and took my daughter along. She's 22 and wants just to know gun safety, not carry ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By dhuffman

Thread: CC Class today

CC Class today

I finally made it to the CC class today and took my daughter along. She's 22 and wants just to know gun safety, not carry or own one at this time. I took my Sig P238, it was the smallest gun there but I hit center mass with every shot I did find I tend to jerk the trigger and I was dead on once I corrected that. I'm very happy with the Sig but my next one will be a S&W Lady Smith if I can find one to shoot first to make sure the trigger pull isn't too hard. Monday I'll go to the Sheriff's and submit my paperwork and wait.

Congratulations. Good shooting and great to have your daughter along.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    Good stuff, congrats!

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations to both of you. It is good to have family to shoot together with.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    In MI, your class certification has no expiration. A person (like your daughter) can get the education and experience, then get the license if and when they become ready.

I wish more people in MI would take the class, just for the education/awareness.

Congratulations!

Distinguished Member
    Great going with the class. Maybe your daughter will decide to go for it after this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    C0ngrats to you and daughter both. Hopefully she'll decide to make the move before toolong.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Alright ! Good job!

Congrats to both of you! I taught my youngest daughter to shoot when she was about 12, and am now teaching her daughters.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I was taught to shoot when I was 6. I taught all my nieces and nephews how to shoot when they were 6. All children should know gun safety. One of my nieces can out shoot me, I hate to admit. OK, she's 40 now, and has been LE for 15 years. She out shoots all the cops on the local force!

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Congrats to both of you! I taught my youngest daughter to shoot when she was about 12, and am now teaching her daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuffman View Post
    I finally made it to the CC class today and took my daughter along. She's 22 and wants just to know gun safety, not carry or own one at this time. I took my Sig P238, it was the smallest gun there but I hit center mass with every shot I did find I tend to jerk the trigger and I was dead on once I corrected that. I'm very happy with the Sig but my next one will be a S&W Lady Smith if I can find one to shoot first to make sure the trigger pull isn't too hard. Monday I'll go to the Sheriff's and submit my paperwork and wait.
    Congratulations! Might I suggest you get a CCL for your daughter now anyway? If she changes her mind she will not need to wait.

Links