Mag falls out when I conceal carry!

This is a discussion on Mag falls out when I conceal carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 30 that I started to conceal carry a few months ago. I purchased a N82 Custom professional inside the pant holster. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mag falls out when I conceal carry!

I have a Glock 30 that I started to conceal carry a few months ago. I purchased a N82 Custom professional inside the pant holster. I had been wearing the holster at the 4 or 5 o'clock position. The holster is very comfortable. I can wear it all day and probably sleep with it on its so nice. Heres the problem. Twice now I have been wearing it in the car and when I got up out of the drivers seat I look back and the mag is laying on the seat. Not cool!!! So after the first time that it happened I thought that maybe it could have been that I. Just didn't seat the mag well enough, but then it happened a few days later. I'm thinking what's happening is that the gun is just getting squished between the holster, my body and the back of the drivers seat. Has any one else heard of this happening? I still need to contact the holster company about it, but I wanted to get some feedback from some of you guys. I don't want feedback saying, "well that's what you get for buying a Glock." I honestly like a ton of different guns. The Glock 30 is a great fit for my hand. I'm trying to figure out if it's a Glock issue, a holster issue, or maybe this particular combo.

Lead Moderator
    It all plays into the equation. Vehicle seat, holster, holster position, pistol and your body. You need to adjust something , either a different holster, holster position or other. Many pistols can have this issue , mostly depending on holster design/ materials.
    Mike1956 and tcox4freedom like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Heres my advice:

Become confident enough to switch your carry method when in your car. (i.e. pull your gun out incognito and insert it into a carry mode that would be more easy accessed incase of car jacking).

Use things such as blockers (i.e. a spouse to stand behind you while you change your carry mode) or park in the far parking lot so others don't see you pull your gun and insert it into another mode.

I do this daily when i hope into a car it takes some practice but with some awareness and tactual use of blockers may be accomplished with ease.

BTW this is where a pocket pistol comes into play.. I like having two guns because if you ever need to seriously exit your vehicle you will leave whats not attached!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I vote combo. I've never had that happen to me but, no experience with your holster. Try different positions and different holsters.
    I do however keep a BUG in the center console because it's ha rd to draw while seated wearing a seat-belt.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Logic tells me the position you carry in is good for almost all situations except a car. Then it sounds like somehow the mag release button gets pressed allowing the mag to be ejected. Like you said. Not cool.

Consider, as mentioned, to move the firearm covertly when entering the vehicle or possibly look to see if it is something ridiculously simple like the mag release button is just too long and gets pushed too easily when you have it in that particular position when sitting in the car.

Your local firearm dealership might be able to give you better insight by seeing your setup in person.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

I would bet its the position your carrying in the car pressing the entire rig against you hard enough to release the mag. I carry 3 to 3.30 and have no issues with any holster gun combo doing that. Or actually drawing either. Try moving it forward enough to get it from between you and seat back.
    remington79 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Does it have an extended mag release? I traded for a glock 30 and had the same issue until I realized that the previous owner had installed an extended mag release, I replaced it with the original and the problem was solved.

I have noticed different car seats have different contours that press against my body hard. I have thought to myself that this could push the mag release and cause it magazine to fall out . I m gonna have to find a different carry method while driving. It is pretty uncomfortable to me while driving anyways . Mike.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbball98 View Post
    Does it have an extended mag release? I traded for a glock 30 and had the same issue until I realized that the previous owner had installed an extended mag release, I replaced it with the original and the problem was solved.
    This sounds like it could be your problem. My guns do not come into contact with the holster. The only thing the contact is my side, there is enough give to not allow the magazine release to be pressed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    x2 on mag release.I put one on my G27 had the same thing happen and went back to stock

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I would bet its the position your carrying in the car pressing the entire rig against you hard enough to release the mag. I carry 3 to 3.30 and have no issues with any holster gun combo doing that. Or actually drawing either. Try moving it forward enough to get it from between you and seat back.
    ^^^nailed it^^^

Of course, you could just carry a H&K or a Walther

Get a revolver.

You did not mention holster brand/model, but it's sounds like that's the issue. If you keep it, for sure will want to switch clocking. I use bug's, so that's a good option to if you go to moving primary, when interring/exiting vehicle.

By the way, welcome to the forum, from Georgia!

tag
    Just an FYI, I've been carring my G30 for a few years now and have never had the mag fall out. X3 on checking your mag release.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links