I am ASHAMED of Texas.

I am ASHAMED of Texas.

This is a discussion on I am ASHAMED of Texas. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just like the New York paper that posted the people who had CCW permits Texas has done the same. They are marked with a red ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: I am ASHAMED of Texas.

Ex Member

I am ASHAMED of Texas.

Just like the New York paper that posted the people who had CCW permits Texas has done the same. They are marked with a red dot on the map.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    You darn right. Proudly carry in my state.
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I don't care what anyone says, those people in Baja Oklahoma are alright!
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Haha!!

Florida has got you beat brother!! 2nd only to Arizona in the nation in concealed carry licenses issued!!

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Yep. It's sad but when I got my CHL the instructor said that only about 5% of TX population has an active CHL. That may have gone up recently because a ton of people have been applying for it.
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

It's just a shame that the people who have carry permits are denied the right to carry at places like Ft. Hood! Of course, the "government" doesn't trust common citizens with guns on federal installations. Nor does it seem they are able to protect them. It is a shame that our "leaders" can't get it though their thick elitist skulls that all the "mass" shootings have occurred in "gun free zones"!!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member
    Our County Sherrif has asked EVERYONE in the county to carry!
    Gov. is a big 2nd supporter. Our State prosecutor need to go though. She's on the wrong team.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Distinguished Member
    Luckily our county is very pro. You rarely see a no gun sign anywhere around here. And they don't give out the information of who carries.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Isn't it interesting that Southerners are generally button-popping proud of their home state, yet I've never heart ANYone stand up in a bar and say "I'm from Vermont. And I'll whip anyone in here who...doesn't like it". Yankees will likely explain that's because Southerners are low-brow, mouth-breathing, aggressive rednecks who's uncivilized mentality disallows polite discourse. I would propose that, if I was from Massachusetts, I likely wouldn't...say anything about it either.

God Bless Texas (and Georgia, and Mississippi, and Tennessee, and Kentucky, and The Carolinas, and Arkansas, and Florida, and Oklahoma, and Louisiana, and everywhere else that holds to the simple idea of - Treat me good & I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat you...worse".
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

A reminder to all New York and New Jersey transplants.

Welcome to Florida, but be nice. Guns? We all got 'em. Please leave your "thug life" attitude at the Georgia State Line.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    A reminder to all New York and New Jersey transplants......
    ....I-95 will take you all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    A reminder to all New York and New Jersey transplants.

Welcome to Florida, but be nice. Guns? We all got 'em. Please leave your "thug life" attitude at the Georgia State Line.
    Zonk, let's move that demarcation line further North to the Ohio River!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Lucky you. My town was in the newspaper too...less than 200 who applied for IL CCL. I'm sure LEOs know who they are.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    You darn right. Proudly carry in my state.
    +1! I also proudly carry in Texas and I am might proud to live here too!

Hey WannabeaCPA - we've got Texas covered from north to south!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Isn't it interesting that Southerners are generally button-popping proud of their home state, yet I've never heart ANYone stand up in a bar and say "I'm from Vermont. And I'll whip anyone in here who...doesn't like it". Yankees will likely explain that's because Southerners are low-brow, mouth-breathing, aggressive rednecks who's uncivilized mentality disallows polite discourse. I would propose that, if I was from Massachusetts, I likely wouldn't...say anything about it either.

God Bless Texas (and Georgia, and Mississippi, and Tennessee, and Kentucky, and The Carolinas, and Arkansas, and Florida, and Oklahoma, and Louisiana, and everywhere else that holds to the simple idea of - Treat me good & I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat you...worse".
    I AM from Vermont, and I'll whip anyone in here who doesn't like it! Proud to be from a state that has so few gun laws, and doesn't require permits or licenses to carry!

Sadly, I live in the antithesis of Vermont, Massachusetts... but still, proud to be from Vermont!

Also, you southerners may have low brow, mouth breathing aggressive rednecks... we up here have New Hampshire, so got you beat there too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links