Lindsey Graham gets it

This is a discussion on Lindsey Graham gets it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lindsey Graham stated that the way to stay safe from Ft Hood type shootings is to allow folks to be armed on base. When compared ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Lindsey Graham gets it

Lindsey Graham gets it

Lindsey Graham stated that the way to stay safe from Ft Hood type shootings is to allow folks to be armed on base. When compared to waiting 10 - 15 minutes for base police show up it makes sense.
    gatorbait51, TN_Mike and OlCop like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Lindsey Graham stated that the way to stay safe from Ft Hood type shootings is to allow folks to be armed on base. When compared to waiting 10 - 15 minutes for base police show up it makes sense.
    It makes sense for ALL PFZ's.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    allow folks to be armed on base. When compared to waiting 10 - 15 minutes for base police show up it makes sense.
    Makes sense anywhere.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

This thread might be Toast too - because it is straying into politics and not staying on self-defense..........

If your post went missing.............there is a reason...............
    Aceoky, OD* and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    This thread might be Toast too - because it is straying into politics and not staying on self-defense..........

If your post went missing.............there is a reason...............
    Thank you for precluding my next folly. Move along whec, 'nothing to see here.

VIP Member
    Graham is right about this . I wish more would take it further to repeal the Kill me Zone act of 1995 . Anyone paying the least amount of attention realizes none of this foolishness does any good at all except to give false security.
    Aceoky and RichB70 like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    ... Move along whec, 'nothing to see here.
    Trying... to... resist...

How do I make what I feel is an important comment on a thread that champions a senator in it's subject line without being political?

I vote for toasting this thread. As a resident of South Carolina, I have a very strong opinion of this scoundrel, but am not able to present a counter argument without breaking forum rules.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    He always seem to make more sense during an election year.

What he says about this is a good statement. If they allowed people on posts/bases to be armed it could help with these kinds of situations.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member
    Only part of my post went missing...I deleted the rest as no context was provided for my position.

He does evoke strong feelings so thank you for the clean up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Sorry folks...........sometimes my editing gets into the bone rather than merely the flesh.............just a hazard I guess.
    Chorizo, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Not knowing who he was, I read his Wikipedia profile. While I saw some things I liked, I saw some things that disturbed me as well. While I agree with his statement, I wonder about his motives.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Trying... to... resist...

How do I make what I feel is an important comment on a thread that champions a senator in it's subject line without being political?

I vote for toasting this thread. As a resident of South Carolina, I have a very strong opinion of this scoundrel, but am not able to present a counter argument without breaking forum rules.
    Remember Sam Donaldson? I went to a lecture he and a few others gave at DePauw University (this was probably around 1990) in a travelling speaker series. Donaldson quoted a lot from his book "Hold on, Mr. President" regarding the secret language that exists in Washinton amongst politicians. I remember he spent a fair amount of time describing how a politician could say he really didn't like someone but do it in a way that passed political etiquette muster. He told of John McCormack, former Senator and later Speaker of the House from Massachusetts, who would reply to reporters about a given politician that he had the minimal high regard for the person. It became code in Washington for telling someone you really couldn't stand someone without saying it.

In a discussion of Lindsey Graham, I have the minimal high regard for the Senator from South Carolina. However, I do agree with the sentiment that there should be armed personnel on base (beyond those in the military police.)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Sorry folks...........sometimes my editing gets into the bone rather than merely the flesh.............just a hazard I guess.
    R&G,

No problem, Sir. My post failed to live up to the rules and deserved to be cut....just didn't want folks thinking I approved of Lindsey Graham other than his 2A votes.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    He always seem to make more sense during an election year.
    Indeed.
    Then he goes back to being ……………himself. Which one do you believe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links