Need help from New Mexico members!

This is a discussion on Need help from New Mexico members! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tuesday week the wife and I are cranking up the RV and are taking off from Las Vegas and are going to head down to ...

Thread: Need help from New Mexico members!

Tuesday week the wife and I are cranking up the RV and are taking off from Las Vegas and are going to head down to south Texas to visit both in-laws and out-laws. We are going south to Quartzsite, AZ and will turn left on I-10 and head to Texas. My CC and vehicle carry is good in Arizona and Texas, but I've got questions on the carrying my guns through and the night we stay in a campground while in New Mexico.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

VIP Member
    Looks like your good to go. NM honors you NV permit.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newmexico.pdf
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Ha! Love the "Tuesday week". Haven't heard that in a coon's age....

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    STOP!!!!!! Okay, NM and some of the other states have an issue that people do not think about, Native American Reservations. Remember on Tribal Land your CCW permit is not valid and often neither is the right to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle. Typically if you are on major interstate it is not an issue but don't think that is for sure. Tribal land is a scary place to be carrying on, even the LEOSA doesn't protect you there most of the time.

I was told by my CHL instructor that tribal land is OK if you are in transit, but IANAL.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Looks like your good to go. NM honors you NV permit.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newmexico.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Ha! Love the "Tuesday week". Haven't heard that in a coon's age....
    Duh! I missed it. I need a good head slap. I had gone to that site just before posting my request and just read right over it.

Thanks for the replies to all. Recon I'm giving away my age and part of the country I'm from by using that phrase, but then again, I still use the phrase "I'm fixing to....." when I should be saying "I'm going to....". I'll take due care should I have to pull off the Interstate while in that part of the country.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

Sponsored Links