Post-Op Revolver Reload

Post-Op Revolver Reload

This is a discussion on Post-Op Revolver Reload within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here you will see the best technique that I can find with a wrapped left (weak) hand reloading my SP101. I recently had two surgeries ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By maxwell97
  • 1 Post By OlCop

Thread: Post-Op Revolver Reload

Post-Op Revolver Reload

Here you will see the best technique that I can find with a wrapped left (weak) hand reloading my SP101.

I recently had two surgeries on my left hand to repair 3rd degree burns. I found this to be an excellent time to practice my one handed revolver reloads w/o the option to cheat.

The reason I did not completely omit my left hand in the reload process is because unless you are completely dismembered, you will at least have a stump to work with in the process.

Please critique! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397007939.330048.jpg

Student of the gun (dot) com
    Attached Images
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

And yes, my daughter is my best fan!

VIP Member
    Looks like you have it down pretty well, nice they left your thumb unwrapped.
    Sleepnheat likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Ty. I am trying

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    I recently had two surgeries on my left hand to repair 3rd degree burns. I found this to be an excellent time to practice my one handed revolver reloads w/o the option to cheat.
    I think I'm going to call you "Mr. Brightside."

It looks like a pretty good technique to me. One thing to watch out for is to avoid touching the forcing cone, as that can get hot pretty quick. It looks like you're clear of it when actually loading, just don't grab it while getting to that position.

Good luck with the hand, hope it all heals up well.
    Sleepnheat likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    As Clint Eastwood said in "Heatbreak Ridge" adapt and overcome. Looks like you have it down.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Try that with an automatic!!
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Try that with an automatic!!
    Actually with full size autos it's not hard to do with one hand only with practice. Even clearing jams. Though tougher with the weak hand.
    SIXTO likes this.

VIP Member
    Not bad.

A police training film for one department I know of showed a technique for wounded officers to use. Using the thumb and fingers of the grip hand to push the cylinder release and push the cylinder out, the weapon was turned upside down and the chin pushed the ejector rod. The revolver pas then placed between the knees, speed loader grabbed and used. The. Grip hand then took control of the revolver and the cylinder was closed against the thigh.

A similar technique was used for the auto. The grip hand drops the empty mag. The pistol was turned upside down between the knees and the fresh magazine inserted. The grip hand takes control and releases the slide.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

Links