Carring a BUG with an extra mag.

This is a discussion on Carring a BUG with an extra mag. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a kimber ultra as my main gun with an extra mag. But also caryy a 3pat as a bug and would like to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carring a BUG with an extra mag.

Carring a BUG with an extra mag.

I carry a kimber ultra as my main gun with an extra mag. But also caryy a 3pat as a bug and would like to know if anyone carries a bug with an extra clip and how do they do this.
    My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

2. Remove Ads

yes i carry one reload with my "bug". you never know and one speed strip with 38sp and/or one p3at mag is the same size as a pack of gum.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    I frequently carry a Walther PPK/S as a BUG in an ankle holster. When I do, I'll carry an extra magazine for it in my weak-side front slacks pocket.

This is my P3AT in a 2n"1 by K&D holsters. Fits in a side or back pocket of my jeans quite well. Note that the extra mag you asked about is part of the holster structure. Recommend it highly.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

VIP Member
    Back when I carried my Kel Tec P3AT or Kahr PM9 as second guns, I'd carry a spare; in the case of the Kahr, my primary gun was a Kahr P9 Covert, so I'd carry two magazines (the use the same mags) in a double mag pouch. If I carried another gun, I'd carry the Kahr 9mm mag (or a P3AT) pouch in one of those little "change pockets" most pants have.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post

This is my P3AT in a 2n"1 by K&D holsters. Fits in a side or back pocket of my jeans quite well. Note that the extra mag you asked about is part of the holster structure. Recommend it highly.
    That set up looks ideal Dairycreek. You have a nice hideout rig there, where did you get it and who makes it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. The extra mag for the bug goes into an opposite side pocket to help even out the weight. Helps with coat pocket carry of my P32.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I carry the PT-145 as a BUG to my 1911's and if for no other reason, I carry a spare mag in the weak side pocket to counter balance the load. I also carry the same gun as a primary carry when the 1911's are not appropriate and then carry two spare magazines weak side.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

PT-111

Got the holster from K & D Holsters. Here's their URL. Great outfit with which to deal.

http://www.kdholsters.com/
    GOOD SHOOTING

Quote Originally Posted by cnova View Post
    I carry a kimber ultra as my main gun with an extra mag. But also caryy a 3pat as a bug and would like to know if anyone carries a bug with an extra clip and how do they do this.
    I have the same carry combo you do. My P3AT is in my right front pocket in a pocket holster. My extra mag is in a left-side pocket (usually a cargo pocket). I also carry an extra mag for the Kimber, in a pouch on my left side.

Being right-handed, I want the extra mags accessible to my off-hand, so that if I have to execute a reload, I don't have to switch the pistol from my strong hand.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I have the same carry combo you do. My P3AT is in my right front pocket in a pocket holster. My extra mag is in a left-side pocket (usually a cargo pocket). I also carry an extra mag for the Kimber, in a pouch on my left side.

Being right-handed, I want the extra mags accessible to my off-hand, so that if I have to execute a reload, I don't have to switch the pistol from my strong hand.
    It seems like alot to carry in my left front pocket ( keys,knife, wallet and extra mag) I need to see if a can get a holster maker to make me a double mag hold with one for the kimber and one for the 3pat. Or start carring my wallet in my back pocket.

Thank you guys for your input.
    My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

I know what you mean about all the stuff we end up carrying around.

I really like the 5.11 Tactical Pants. They have an integral mag pocket, as well as cargo pockets. They're quite comfortable and fit right in with a business casual wardrobe. Makes it possible to spread things around more.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    I have a quick, off-topic question for you, dairycreek. Do you have any problems finding pants whose back pockets fit that rig? I've been looking at a P3-AT as a BUG, and I carry my wallet in my side pocket so I'd put that in the back, but from the measurements on their web site it seems too large for most of my pants (I generally wear khakis/slacks). Is that not the case, or do you just have to find a brand with larger back pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by ATT_Turan View Post
    I have a quick, off-topic question for you, dairycreek. Do you have any problems finding pants whose back pockets fit that rig? I've been looking at a P3-AT as a BUG, and I carry my wallet in my side pocket so I'd put that in the back, but from the measurements on their web site it seems too large for most of my pants (I generally wear khakis/slacks). Is that not the case, or do you just have to find a brand with larger back pockets?
    I am retired so what I wear is pretty much up to me. I am a large guy at 6'3" and 274 pounds and tend to wear loose fit jeans. The K&D holster/P3AT combo fits in either the back pocket or the side pocket on all my jeans. I do have some khaki slacks (once again they are loose fit Dockers) and the holster combo fits in those too with no problem.

Can't say anything about the fit of the holster in other styles of trousers as I just don't have any. Hope this helps some.
    GOOD SHOOTING

I usually don't carry a BUG, much less an extra mag for it, but that setup you posted dairycreek has me taking a second look. Easy & simple, yeah, that is a nice setup!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links