Received my licence today in Florida

This is a discussion on Received my licence today in Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5 weeks to the day from my appointment at the department of agriculture. I am going to start carrying from now on in Florida. I ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By joe8512
  • 1 Post By joe8512
  • 1 Post By Bama61
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Received my licence today in Florida

Received my licence today in Florida

5 weeks to the day from my appointment at the department of agriculture.

I am going to start carrying from now on in Florida. I am 21 years old. Any advice for me gentlemen?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Practice and more practice. Always carry, never tell. Get a comfortable carry rig.
    Did I mention practice. Get some training if at all possible.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Good holster good belt .. Check yourselfe in the mirror when you bend etc ..does it show ?

Know the law cold .. Where you can and can not carry .. Are you suppse to tell the cops you are carrying .. What about school zones ..

Know what to do if you have to use it .. Do you have a lawyer you can call who handles gun case? Know what to say if you have to use it ..

Know the laws on brandshing and or acciddntly showign the gun .. Know the laws on transport .

Good luck and happy your carrying .. You carrying that ruger 357?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Good holster good belt .. Check yourselfe in the mirror when you bend etc ..does it show ?

Know the law cold .. Where you can and can not carry .. Are you suppse to tell the cops you are carrying .. What about school zones ..

Know what to do if you have to use it .. Do you have a lawyer you can call who handles gun case? Know what to say if you have to use it ..

Know the laws on brandshing and or acciddntly showign the gun .. Know the laws on transport .

Good luck and happy your carrying .. You carrying that ruger 357?
    Yes sir I am
    WrongRecroom likes this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Get one of these:

Orlando GUN Lawyer | Gun Self Defense Lawyer, JON H. GUTMACHER, P.A.

read it, read it again, and then read it again.

And everything else WrongRecroom said.

Quote Originally Posted by joe8512 View Post
    Yes sir I am
    Nice guns man .. Good Fl gun .. What holster you got picked ? I like the DAO model 2inch myselft but the hammers are nice .. Down the road you may also want to look at thorw in your pocket run to the store gun ie a lcp/p3at so if your during a quick run you can just grab and go ..Great also for thouse 100 degares days where you dont want to thrown on a holster .. The xds is also a good pocket gun

good luck again
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Nice guns man .. Good Fl gun .. What holster you got picked ? I like the DAO model 2inch myselft but the hammers are nice .. Down the road you may also want to look at thorw in your pocket run to the store gun ie a lcp/p3at so if your during a quick run you can just grab and go ..Great also for thouse 100 degares days where you dont want to thrown on a holster .. The xds is also a good pocket gun

good luck again
    Thanks. I will definitely pick up another smaller carry gun eventually but I love the sp101.

Right now I have a bianchi iwb holster that is comfortable and feels very safe with the thumb strap. I also have a desantis sleeve that helps me conceal it under just about anything.

I was thinking of going to bass pro to pick up a similar sleeve with the iwb clip so it doesn't slide. (It doesn't slide now without the clip but still)
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joe8512 View Post
    Thanks. I will definitely pick up another smaller carry gun eventually but I love the sp101.

Right now I have a bianchi iwb holster that is comfortable and feels very safe with the thumb strap. I also have a desantis sleeve that helps me conceal it under just about anything.

I was thinking of going to bass pro to pick up a similar sleeve with the iwb clip so it doesn't slide. (It doesn't slide now without the clip but still)
    Yeah the rugers are timeless guns and can surive most anything .. Bianchi makes nice stuff .. Odd as it sounds Amazon and of course Optics Plant often have good holster selction and free ship too and maybe less or no taxs depeing on state ( like here it is only 7% where local tax is 10%) ..

Maybe look at a lcr or lcrx for a pocket gun ?

Good on you. Get comfortable with it and remember it doesn't change you.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    Good on you. Get comfortable with it and remember it doesn't change you.
    Yep if anything you might be a nicer or at least more calm person ...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Read and frequently re-read the 790 and 776 statutes on gun laws and justifiable use of force. I also endorse Gutmacher's excellent book which presents the statutes in more layman's terms. So many "experts" will tell you wrong--go to the source.

Congrats on the CWFL.
    Bama61 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links