VCHP renewal/turnaround time - thanks to Botetourt County

This is a discussion on VCHP renewal/turnaround time - thanks to Botetourt County within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read a lot of posts on here about how long the application and renewal processes can take in different localities, so I wanted to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CPO 15

Thread: VCHP renewal/turnaround time - thanks to Botetourt County

VCHP renewal/turnaround time - thanks to Botetourt County

I've read a lot of posts on here about how long the application and renewal processes can take in different localities, so I wanted to commend the Botetourt County Clerk's Office for a job well done.

At the first of April, I realized that I had let my VCHP renewal date slip up on me. (Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit, as it's called here in the Old Dominion) I went to the Clerk's Office Friday morning (4/4). I was talking to one of the ladies that worked there and asked if they had seen an increase in permit applications. She responded with a definitive "Yes" and said they now receive several a day, while they used to receive only a few per month. Knowing that my permit expired on 4/22, I was expecting to have to go without for a week or two. When I got a call from them on Wednesday morning (4/9) and the lady said that my permit was ready to be picked up, I could hardly believe my ears.

THANK YOU to the folks in the Botetourt County Clerk's Office.

2. Remove Ads

I LOVE dealing with all the Botetout County offices. I pity the folks that have to deal with the NoVa clerks. The small county court clerks seem to remember that they're dealing with voters, the urban clerks are more concerned with pleasing the local political machine than with serving citizens.
    Sontag likes this.

VIP Member
    While not as quick as that, Henrico Co turned mine in about 3 weeks. That included Veterans Day and Thanksgiving in the time period. The increase in volume hasn't seemed to effect issue here.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Good job Botetourt. Just wanted to say hello to my neighbors from here in Salem.

Here in NC my last permit expiration date was March 05. I turned in all of my renewal paperwork Jan. 25 and did not get my new renewal until Mar. 06 or 07.

Links