What kind of holster for a hot tub?

This is a discussion on What kind of holster for a hot tub? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Before I bought my PX4 I did a bunch of research, and one of the videos was a test of lowering the PX4 in and ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: What kind of holster for a hot tub?

What kind of holster for a hot tub?

Before I bought my PX4 I did a bunch of research, and one of the videos was a test of lowering the PX4 in and out of the water and firing just as it came out.

So I know that the gun will still fire if it gets wet, but, I don't think all the chlorine and chemicals is the best for the gun.

But if I want to enjoy the hot tub in our back yard, that means I either leave the gun inside or I need a new waterproof holster for it.

Any ideas?

(I am not really looking for a waterproof holster, more of a suggestion of what others do is the point of this thread)
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

2. Remove Ads

You wear clothes in the hot tub? !!!
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

In your own back yard? I keep a fanny pack within arms' reach in similar situations around my house.

Use a ziplock plastic bag. The gun could still be in a holster and in the bag.

Shucks, stick it in a remora, IWB. After you get out, hang it to dry.
    Or get a portable gun vault or nanovault to keep near you.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Hot Tub and a PX4.... I'd think what Navy Seals use might be for you. I have started using FrogLube and I understand that it was devised by Navy Seals for this purpose.
    gatorbait51 and sammeow like this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    But if I want to enjoy the hot tub in our back yard, that means I either leave the gun inside or I need a new waterproof holster for it.
    I'd find a way to mount a holstered sidearm nearby, within easy reach. Of course, even being near a steaming chemical soup like a hot tub means that more-impervious materials would be useful. Might focus on a Kydex holster set-up, possibly something mounted in an ABS box on the side of the tub, something that can be quickly accessed yet which provides a good barrier against getting splashed or 'steamed' to death).

A Glock 19 or similar ought to do fairly well, given the construction. No getting away from the metal internals, though. Keep it well-cleaned, whenever completing your hot tub excursions.
    gatorbait51 and baren like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I wouldn't get the gun wet without doing a full detailed strip and cleaning afterward. A normal field strip won't be enough.

Get a holster that can be mounted to the outside of the hot tub. Or buy a piece of kydex, mold it around the gun (folded in half), and mount that to the outside.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Mount a little box on the side of your hot tub to keep gun in. Must live in bad part of town. Perhaps one of the water resistant ammo cans in the skimmer compartment.
    LuvMyPX4 and gatorbait51 like this.

Leather lanyard
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    You wear clothes in the hot tub? !!!
    I have two daughters, a swimsuit is a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    Use a ziplock plastic bag. The gun could still be in a holster and in the bag.
    I like this idea, but I would go without the holster and just shoot through the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Shucks, stick it in a remora, IWB. After you get out, hang it to dry.
    Or get a portable gun vault or nanovault to keep near you.
    I was thinking of using a hair dryer to dry it off before I got out. As long as I don't drop the dryer in the tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Hot Tub and a PX4.... I'd think what Navy Seals use might be for you. I have started using FrogLube and I understand that it was devised by Navy Seals for this purpose.
    I have seen that dip a vinyl stuff for handles and other things. Can I just dip the whole gun in Froglube? or would it jump away then???

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Leather lanyard
    Something like that attachment, yeah
    gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Can you tell I just learned how the multi quote thingy works?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'd find a way to mount a holstered sidearm nearby, within easy reach. Of course, even being near a steaming chemical soup like a hot tub means that more-impervious materials would be useful. Might focus on a Kydex holster set-up, possibly something mounted in an ABS box on the side of the tub, something that can be quickly accessed yet which provides a good barrier against getting splashed or 'steamed' to death).

A Glock 19 or similar ought to do fairly well, given the construction. No getting away from the metal internals, though. Keep it well-cleaned, whenever completing your hot tub excursions.
    I am not sure how the Glock 19 would compare to the Beretta in these chemicals, but I think building a vinyl clad box near enough to reach would be good. I think if my DW sees the gun nearby she will not be able to relax in the tub, which is why she is in there anyway. (maybe someday when she is comfortable with the gun, and sees the purpose things will change.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Ziplock bag, fire right through it!
    gatorbait51 and CLASS3NH like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Administrator
    Well, you LuvYourPX4... don't put it in the water. In a bag or not. Thats just stupid.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links