I Went To Wal Mart - It's Great To Be Carrying

This is a discussion on I Went To Wal Mart - It's Great To Be Carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I managed to make it to the DMV to get my permit earlier today, and I just got back from Wal-Mart without suddenly changing into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Went To Wal Mart - It's Great To Be Carrying

I Went To Wal Mart - It's Great To Be Carrying

I managed to make it to the DMV to get my permit earlier today, and I just got back from Wal-Mart without suddenly changing into the crazed, bloodthirsty, shoot-anyone-for-any-insult killer that the seem to think we will become.
    My gun stayed quietly in its holster and didn't try to inflict any harm on anyone (maybe it was napping).
    Either the anti-gunnies are wrong about what this CCL permit will do to us, or I got a defective one. Maybe the DMV will exchange it for one of those ultra-violent CCL permits (or maybe they're just wrong).

Yes, another KS Wal-Mart thread, and yes, it feels great to finally be carrying!

My local paper is so left-wing it isn't funny. They actually accuse gun owners who want to CCW of being Rambo-type people out for blood. I guess all of the pacifists and non-resistors I work with have been grating on me.
    Last edited by loonybin; January 5th, 2007 at 03:10 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Ummm...congrats...I think.

Remember that anything you post on the Internet can and will be used against you in a court of law.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    Ummm...congrats...I think.

Remember that anything you post on the Internet can and will be used against you in a court of law.
    No proof of that. I've been through this mess with QK("sneering" because he was right). Not one documented case of a thread being used against someone in a defense shooting case. Just hasn't happened. However, it is not a very tactful or tasteful post...
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

OP was joking, but as you CCW a while you'll joke about it less.

I was in Wal*Mart today to get some .357 Magnum plinking ammo, there was a line of about seven of us at the sporting goods counter waiting on someone qualified to sell ammo or hunting/fishing permits. I walked before my blood pressure suffered.
    How does that company survive when they only seem to employ 2 or 3 people per store?

It's all lie's and scare tactics that the dems use to get the sheep to bow down and be affraid of the very best, most law abiding citizens this country has, a conceal carry permit holder.

They try this crap everytime and the by it. They are proven lie's as 47 states now have issue CCW permits now.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    No proof of that. I've been through this mess with QK("sneering" because he was right). Not one documented case of a thread being used against someone in a defense shooting case. Just hasn't happened. However, it is not a very tactful or tasteful post...
    No, but what is your point? Threads, emails, IMs, and blogs get yanked and used in court in many other types of criminal cases every day of the week. There are other cases besides defense shooting cases and as I understand the law, the original post in this thread falls well outside of any description of a defensive shooting scenario.

It's okay to disagree with me, but you should at least try to stay on topic. It makes it easier for me to prove you wrong.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

I decline to make any further comments...
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Wahoo for Kansas
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I think we'd all be pretty naive if we thought that antis don't lurk at gun-related forums. For that reason, I suggest we don't post what may throw a bad light on us as a group.

Sure it was humor, but taken out of context it has potential to be a liability.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

People are carry concealed gun in Kansas today and the streets are not flowing red with blood??

I don't understand. I listened to the antis and they assured us all that there would be gun fights in the streets over parking spaces and minor fender benders.......how has this not come to pass?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Congratulations, loonybin! Kansans have good cause to celebrate...

I don't understand. I listened to the antis and they assured us all that there would be gun fights in the streets over parking spaces and minor fender benders.......how has this not come to pass?
    They seem to get it wrong...everytime...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

They seem to get it wrong...everytime...
    They do seem to get it wrong everytime don't they? You'd think they would figure it out after the 20 to 25 times they made that prediction and it didn't come true.

I know if I think something is going to happen and it doesn't, the first 30 times, after that I start to think, "Hey, maybe this won't happen" but not the antis. They stick to their stupid, wrong and foolish predictions.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    They do seem to get it wrong everytime don't they? You'd think they would figure it out after the 20 to 25 times they made that prediction and it didn't come true.

I know if I think something is going to happen and it doesn't, the first 30 times, after that I start to think, "Hey, maybe this won't happen" but not the antis. They stick to their stupid, wrong and foolish predictions.
    Ya the antis really stick to their guns.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Ya the antis really stick to their guns.

This cartoon ran in the Denver Post during Colorado's lead-up to passing CCW legislation a couple of years ago:

Of course, none of it came true...but that doesn't seem to slow 'em down...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I find myself much less likely to resort to violence when I am carrying than when I am not.

From time to time, I find myself contemplating "slapping the yellow off someone's teeth." But when I know I'm carrying, I don't even verbally engage the person. CCW makes me a better citizen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links