Do you carry your conceal carry permit separately from your wallet? - Page 3

Do you carry your conceal carry permit separately from your wallet?

This is a discussion on Do you carry your conceal carry permit separately from your wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry mine in the wallet underneath the drivers license and the insurance card. That way, all three can be provided in one grab if ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I carry mine in the wallet underneath the drivers license and the insurance card. That way, all three can be provided in one grab if necessary.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost10750
    A superior combat handgunner is best defined as one who uses his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skills. .
    I think this is the best statement I've seen in regards to being a responsible CCW holder.

Does anyone know where this quote came from?
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

1952 - 2006
    I've been doing an internet search for the quote. I thought it sounded like something Clint Smith may have come up with, it sounds like him.
    My research has indicated that it is an old pilot's saying, rather than a gunners.

But I like it nonetheless. I will be using it in the future.

They say theft is the best form of flattery. (Oh, wait that's imitation, huh?) Anyway Imma gonna steal it for future use.
    Thanks ghost.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

My library card came in a tan holder and I found it's easy to find this way. I made a red holder to hold my CCW Permit, Driver's License, and Insurance Cards and it's fast to find if I'm pulled over. Because the LEO know's that I have a Permit and maybe a gun, the last thing I want to do is fumble and hunt for these things as they may be nervous already. The only other needed paper is the truck/car registration and that's kept in the glove box.

Wallet behind my license.

Where to carry CCW card

I carry mine in my wallet. I have a small leather card wallet with pockets for 8 or 9 cards, and a magnetic clip for the little bit of money I carry. It's small and compact so I generally carry it in my shirt pocket. I rather like the idea of being able to access it while keeping my hands in plain sight.

In my wallet behind my CCW badge, of course!

No badge, but I do keep it out of sight in the wallet. Never leave home without it, therefore I'm less likely to forget it.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by psyopspec
    In my wallet behind my CCW badge, of course!
    Say it ain't soooooo LOL, I see you found the CCW badge thread
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Well, I carry my cash separate from my credit cards, DL, & CCW. If I get stuck-up while not carrying, I'll hand the BG my cash & keep my cards. I have my CCW permit taped to my DL, so if I'm stopped by a LEO I hand over my DL+CCW. In our state, LEO can computer-check from his car & see if the person he stopped has a CCW permit - I don't want him to think I'm trying to keep him from knowing I have a gun. Got stopped once & it worked OK; LEO did not ask to see/secure my gun.

Red face

I guess Florida must be like Texas. If you're traffic stopped by the LEO, and you're carrying (and I hope you are) then you must show your CCW along with your DL. If you don't, and the LEO does in fact discover you are carrying, he can take your CCW. Does it happen? Not certain, but it is good idea to have both your DL and CCW together. I use a Dockers (stylish me) wallet that has a removeable, two-windowed card carrier. I keep one with the DL and other for the CCW, I slide my military ID (retired Navy) in the same carrier. However, since I've never been stopped in another State, I can't say for sure, but doggonit.....having a card window isn't worth spit in Texas, cause they "always" ask you to remove it before handing it to them!

It is in my wallet next to my drivers license.

Be well . . .

I carry mine in my wallet. It is the best place since I don't carry any money in it.

I have a duplicate HCL that I carry in a luggage tag holder on a ball chain around my neck when I drive at night. I just like to have it easy to it access rather than rummaging around in my pockets while Junior-cowboy-new-cop gets all nervous with his .40 Glock that he was just issued. Get the "do you have a gun?" issue out of the way before licence and registration part. I sometime carry the HCL this way when I walk, if I think I might print or it is an extra windy day and might "Marilyn Monroe" my pistol by accident.

GLS
    The original is in my wallet along with a state id card. On the visor of my vehicle is my drivers licence, registration, insurance card, and a laminated copy of my ccw. If pulled over, my hands can go from the wheel, where my hands would be, in sight, to go right up to the documents the LEO will be asking for.

If I am out of my vehicle, all neccessary id's are in my wallet. Then the "my ccw is my hip pocket, how would you like to proceed" thing comes into effect. Looking like an average middle aged guy, this has never been an issue.

In my wallet. I have a separate folding part that holds both my CCW & drivers license.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
    rule." - H.L. Mencken

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links