What do you say when asked about your concealed carry? - Page 3

What do you say when asked about your concealed carry?

This is a discussion on What do you say when asked about your concealed carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My parents know, my brother knows & has recently become very interested in guns. My wife of course knows & doesn't mind, she actually wants ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you say when asked about your concealed carry?

My parents know, my brother knows & has recently become very interested in guns. My wife of course knows & doesn't mind, she actually wants to get a CCW license. All my close friends either have guns and/or carry.

In the rare occasion that i'm asked why i carry, i always say the same thing: "Better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it."
    Stops Jihad on Contact

I've ner tried to hide the fact that I have a CCW, but I have never advertised it either. My family and close friends know I do, and if they ask, I'll tell them. Others? Seldom asked, never told.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

1952 - 2006
    "Better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it."
    Hey WyattEarp you stole my line. I've used that one for years, no wait, decades.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    Hey WyattEarp you stole my line. I've used that one for years, no wait, decades.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Cool

Kinda funny...unless the news media suddenly started talking about concealed carry, the general public is not going to be asking each other if they carry or not. It's sorta like religion...most people don't ask what faith you believe in or don't believe in. But if you associate with people that are "like-minded", well shoot, there's no need to ask anyway! Am I making any sense here?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    Kinda funny...unless the news media suddenly started talking about concealed carry, the general public is not going to be asking each other if they carry or not. It's sorta like religion...most people don't ask what faith you believe in or don't believe in. But if you associate with people that are "like-minded", well shoot, there's no need to ask anyway! Am I making any sense here?
    Sure, I have known you for years so I already know you are Muslim packing heat.... :itsme:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I've been asked, and I've told them that I am competent and responsible enough to have the priviledge to carry a weapon. (I've arried for over 30 yrs now) Some have told me that "it's up to the Police to protect us" and I've replied " tell you what, you place a call to 911, and I'll hold em off from taking your life until the Calvary arrives, sound fair enough?" they never seem to respond in a negative manner after that resonse. A few of them have applied for their CCW's and have asked to fire some of my toys. I think I gave them food for thought.

Thumbs up Great Comeback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Some have told me that "it's up to the Police to protect us" and I've replied " tell you what, you place a call to 911, and I'll hold em off from taking your life until the Calvary arrives, sound fair enough?" they never seem to respond in a negative manner after that resonse.
    I love this response so much, I'm gonna steal it for when that question is raised to me. It happens whenever I'm around our liberal friends (usually fellow high school teachers).
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I tend to be honest if I carry. I tell folks I generally carry except at work.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child might have peace."
    - Thomas Paine

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    This is where being a biker has prepared me for situations like this. People have absolutely no right to know.

We all know what we would think of some idiot that said, "Hey, does that bra make your boobs chafe?"

I handle it the same way.

I have a patented look where I glance over my shoulder with a look that says 'you just scratched my bike' and follow it up with a piercing stare. Having cold, blue eyes helps.

My response is, "So, who wants to know?"

I love it when they take a step backwards.

Class 3 I disagree with the privilege aspect you mentioned.

Defending my life and my loved ones lives are a God given right.

It is true though that the gov does "grant" us this right through permits.

If the subject comes up I say that since the state allows me to carry legally and I have the duty to protect my family, I carry. Hopefully this will make the hearer think.

Had an interesting lunch with a professor here at the university where I work, I am well known as a right wing nut and make no attempt to hide it. I have game mounts on my office wall along with autographed pictures of George and Laura and one of Charlton Heston. A few years ago when Missouri had a voter referendum on concealed carry I had a lengthy letter to the editor published about every other week and openly declare that I have a concealed weapons permit now that it is legal in Missouri. This professor asked me last week if we could have lunch one day this week and today was the day.

Seems like a couple weeks ago he and his wife were on their way home after visiting family and were driving the interstate at night and made a “comfort” stop at a rest stop, when they pulled in there was no sign of trouble. As they were going back to their car they were harassed by a group of 4 “gangsta” types, fortunately nothing happened and they got in the car and left but were followed for several miles by the group. The purpose of the lunch was to ask me how to go about getting his CCW, what recommendation I had on a gun and would I give him a little training.

Chalk one more up for the “evangelical preacher”

In all the years I've carried a firearm, I've never been asked, If someone were to ask and I knew for sure they hadn't seen my gun, I'd say what are you talking about.
    John
    NRA Life Member You Can Be Too

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns!
    Matter of fact, so has his nephew's golf club.

As a friend of mine, who happens to be a judge, is fond of saying when ask about concealed cary "I will neither confirm nor deny!"

Depends who is doing the asking and the environment in which the question is asked.

Unless it is an LEO I will typically answer "maybe, maybe-not"
    John Moses Browning and Eugene Stoner were the Albert Einstein's of the Gun Industry!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links