Anyone else noticed???

This is a discussion on Anyone else noticed??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Over the weekend we were on the hunt for a specific gift item. We had to visit quite a few stores and malls that I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone else noticed???

Anyone else noticed???

Over the weekend we were on the hunt for a specific gift item. We had to visit quite a few stores and malls that I know for a fact were posted a few months ago.

To my surprise, only 1 of the 5 were still posted. 2 of our local malls are now no longer posted. Even our local cinema is no longer posted. I know for a fact it was this time last year.

Anyone else noticed the criminal welcome signs disappearing?

I can only hope companies are finally getting the message. Criminals are criminals for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

2. Remove Ads

I haven't noticed any around here at all. I haven't been to the movies yet but I will look the next time we drive by there.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    The same signs in my area are still there. No extra ones though that I have noticed.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I haven't noticed any signs coming down.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I haven't noticed any signs.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I haven't noticed many come down around here over the last four or five years. Similarly, new ones haven't gone up, either.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I have not noticed a change in either direction.

I noticed that Costco took theirs down as did my bank.

Then again, many of the places that do post use poor signage. Their posters are either way too small or placed out of view.

Sponsor
    I was talking to Sammy Reese the other day and the no gun signs came up, now ive always thought if there going to put up a sign that legally your not supposed to carrie then if your are attacked or shoot on there property then I think you should be able to sue them for not providing a safe secure area since they are stopping you from protecting yourself on there property Mr Reese agreed and said from what he has heard/read there is something in the works to do this very thing but we didnt go into details.

There are a fair amount of those places that are anti gun but a lot of the no gun signs is because there are afraid of legal actions that can be taken against them if someone is injured by a careless gun owner/ carrier in there store so if they can held liable either way I think more of those come shoot me its a gun free zone sings will go away.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman517 View Post
    I have not noticed a change in either direction.
    ^^^ That. There are so few in my area to begin with. Toys/Babies-r-Us being the only one that comes to mind.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Business owners can have any personal opinion on the 2nd amendment that they care to have. But let's not lose sight of the fact that they are BUSINESS people. They are therefore profit motivated. When they see their sales volume drop, they look for the reason(s). If they track the decline to a "no concealed carry' sign on the door, you can bet the farm that they'll (at least)... reconsider their position. We can make OUR position clearer by voting with our wallets and shop, eat, drink or socialize elsewhere. If we all pay attention, we'll see those companies either remove the restriction or ...move to Seattle.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ex Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    I go with the post from ghost tracker. Over the years I've noticed fewer places posting in my area, with several that were posted having removed the signs. I like to think that is in part due to polite letters from myself and other gun owners indicating we would take our business elsewhere as long as the signs were up. Don't know if it has had an impact but at least the owners have been made aware of the issue.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Very, very few signs in businesses around here, as they carry no weight of law. I can only think of one, and it is at a cancer center where my wife receives treatment. I ignore it, as I cannot take my business "elsewhere."
    RickyD and Sister like this.

Prayers just launched for Mrs. Kahrcarrier. We ask that you can soon take your business...home!
    kahrcarrier and RickyD like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Prayers just launched for Mrs. Kahrcarrier. We ask that you can soon take your business...home!

Thank you, sir!

We appreciate it.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links