Just another reason I love this forum:

This is a discussion on Just another reason I love this forum: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's great to read many of the posts. (Note to moderators: poll how many read all the posts every day.) Much of the information is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's great to read many of the posts. (Note to moderators: poll how many read all the posts every day.) Much of the information is so important and increases concealed carry savy. Here's what prompted this posting.

Somewhere on a thread someone was explaining how he inavertently left a bullet in a gym bag which became his carry-on bag during an interstate flight. Oops! Well, Pappy told me, "A fool learns from his own mistakes, while a wise man learns from the mistakes of others." (Not too sure where he dug that pearl from, but it was cool--though my definition of a fool is that he just plain doesn't learn.)

Anyway, not to be the fool, since I am planning a flight from JFK to Asia shortly, I figured it might be a good idea to check the back-pack that will serve as my carry-on. Hello .45 full-charged clip! duh! and phew!

I guess that some perverted relief was added knowing that since I will be travelling through NJ, at least the ammo wasn't JHP!

So, fellow CCW permit holders, read 'em an' learn!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I too love this forum , and its totaly due to the mod team , they keep it nice for us ( yes even when they kill my posts lol ) .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    yes even when they kill my posts lol
    Haha - a benevolent dictatorship That's all All in the process of trying to maintain Bumper's high standards (those are 22 cal BTW!! )

It is indeed worth checking a bag or even vehicle - in particular anyone mad enough to wanna cross into Mexico!

Last April I was going thru the security check at Reagan International and was fiddling in my small shoulder bag for a stick of gum .... and found (horrors) a single round of .22lr!! The bag had been a range bag once for when I went pin shooting.

Nothing I could do as I was almost at the checkpoint so - fingers crossed. Bag went thru OK but as soon as convenient I safely disposed of the offending round - buried out in the wilds of country outside of Denver!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I safely disposed of the offending round - buried out in the wilds of country outside of Denver!
    So you slid past the TSA and the EPA.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

oO( in colorado epa keeps a real low profile , or they get to experiance the enviroment in a fashon that is way more personal than they would like lol )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

I like this forum very much too. I don't post very often but I come here every day and I read a lot of posts. I have learned a lot of very useful information here. I've even bought a few things based on comments here.

I Read Every Post...

Almost every day...some days I play 'catch up'. I have, at times, found education, laughter, anger, tears, confusion, fear, and once in a while, plain stupidity.

I look daily for the aforementioned...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ohhh stupidity , well that would be ME posting LOL.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    This forum is like a breath of fresh air and a big thanks to a fine mod team for keeping out the riff raff.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I too enjoy and appreciate all the good info that can be found buried under some of the BS. Not any different from other forums, but for the most part a good group of folks that are trying to help and learn themselves.
    Carry On!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    This forum is like a breath of fresh air and a big thanks to a fine mod team for keeping out the riff raff.....
    Actually, I keep reading because of the riff-raff they kept in.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Chris, I'll remember that next time I see you on a plane, LOL. Make sure you get stripped searched, LOL.

Oh Chris is a great guy but he'd never pass the EPA once he's eat'n the good mexican food in Tulsa. (Now my daughter is even laughing).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Assistant Administrator
    but he'd never pass the EPA once he's eat'n the good mexican food in Tulsa
    Didn't realize Steve you knew me quite that well You could be horribly correct!!!

I must say I felt like a major criminal when I found that darned round - and had no way to dispose of it at that point. I reckon to be squeeky clean with obeying of the rules and reg's re airports etc.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I also is this just before a flight. Checked on of the many zippered compartents on my duffle bag and find a single .45 round.

I would say that by far this is the best ccw related board on the web. I too have learned so much from all the members and I feel flattered that several have PM'ed me and told me that they have learned from things I have posted.

It's really a great give and take board we have here and I thank Bumper for all his hard work on it and the whole moderator team too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links