Proud of my wife

Proud of my wife

This is a discussion on Proud of my wife within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We had to make the weekly trip to Wal-Mart (we have 5 kids, we use a lot of everything) and as I was getting ready ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of my wife

Proud of my wife

We had to make the weekly trip to Wal-Mart (we have 5 kids, we use a lot of everything) and as I was getting ready my wife came into our bedroom to change and get ready.

Now, a little background first, a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking of selling my XD .40sc to finance another purchase and she flatly refused to let me do this. She then took my XD and claimed it for her own saying that the grip actually fit her hand better than her Sig P239. She gave me the P239 and all of its magazines to sell for the funding of the other gun I was thinking of buying.
    I decided I liked the P239 and after 2 weeks of carrying it and shooting it, I have fallen for the gun in a big way and am now somewhat fixated on getting some more Sigs.

Anyway, as she was getting ready I noticed that she had the Fobus paddle holster on for the XD and this surprised me as she always carries her gun in her CCW purse. I have been trying to get her to carry on body for years but she has always resisted this for some reason. She told me that since she had the XD she wanted to try carrying on body and I was thrilled!

We went to Wally World, dropped off some of my big fat guy clothes (as I have recently lost 100 pounds) at Goodwill, and dropped by some friends house for a little visit. She wore the XD in a Fobus right side paddle holster under a loose fitting untucked shirt all day and she had no problem with it. In fact, after we got home she told me that it was much more comfortable than she had ever imagined it would be and she likes carrying like this.

I couldn't be happier with this outcome. Now if I can just get my tax refund and get me my reward for loosing 100 pounds, a two tone Sig P229 in .40 cal, I will be all set!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    Glad to hear she is getting more comfortable with differnt carry methods.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Excellent!

Assistant Administrator
    Good results all round Mike. I am yet hoping to convert my wife from purse carry (and too infrequent) to on body. Could be she will have to go the paddle route as she is not over keen on wearing a belt. Providing that is, a paddle holds well enough.

I keep trying and working on it - slowly! If we did get that far then the Bersa .380 gets changed to Bersa UC9!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Congrats.... nice.

I offered my wife the .38 before she left tonight with her friends. She smiled and said no thanks.

I am still workin on mine.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Good Deal! I'm still trying to get my wife to get a CCW, but she's resisting. Her self defense is a Stun Gun that I gave her, but I would prefer that she could handle a problem at least at 7 yards. The BGs just get too close to have to use a stun gun. As a musician (phenominal electric guitar player), she frequently has to leave a bar late at night, and I just don't feel that she's safe. But, she tolerates my gun buying, and as long as she knows that the finances are straight, never gets upset when I buy one. And considering between August 2004 and August 2005, I bought 5 hand guns (Beretta 92FS, Glock 19, Glock 26, Keltec P11, and my beloved VD 45, and also an AR15! I did sell the Keltec, as it was a POS.) But, she never gets upset, and she's gone to the range once with me. Hopefully. I can get her packing. Congratulations on your wife, she's obviously quite a woman.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Sounds like life is good, man.

Good for you and I hope it gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Good results all round Mike. I am yet hoping to convert my wife from purse carry (and too infrequent) to on body. Could be she will have to go the paddle route as she is not over keen on wearing a belt. Providing that is, a paddle holds well enough.

I keep trying and working on it - slowly! If we did get that far then the Bersa .380 gets changed to Bersa UC9!
    Chris, she wore a belt with the paddle. I told her that to insure that the paddle holster did not come out with the gun she needed to wear a belt and she didn't have a problem with it. That surprised me too since she usually does not like wearing a belt.

I feel really good about this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I am still working on mine. I just about have her convinced now that we found out she is pregnant again. All of the news media coverage of violent crimes against pregnant women has helped her not have as many excuses anymore. For her, it wouldn't be just her life in danger, but our unborn child as well.

Glad to hear the good news for you, pt-111.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Win-win for both of you. Congrats on having a wife who packs.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    All of you are lucky I can not get my wife to get her CHL. She is not anti gun, she just does not want to do it.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I am yet hoping to convert my wife from purse carry (and too infrequent) to on body. Could be she will have to go the paddle route as she is not over keen on wearing a belt. Providing that is, a paddle holds well enough.
    Chris, I didn't like wearing a belt either and hate to admit I pocket carried for the first year. Finally, when I was willing to spend $98 for my IWB holster....,I feel in love with the comfort of carrying IWB. I do have a holster purse, but will NEVER carry in it. As I tell my students when I instruct, if it's in my purse and the bad guy gets it, now he has my gun! I'm not willing to take that chance.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Assistant Administrator
    if it's in my purse and the bad guy gets it, now he has my gun!
    Indeed Linda and that is my major concern which I try to get thru. I really cannot see anything but on-body as safe for retention. Glad you have found your holster answer.

I have yet to work on upping my wife's ''carry dedication'' factor
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Here's a link to the holster I use. I can't imagine a more comfortable IWB for women or men!

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=22
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Awesome, PT-111, glad to here your wife is comfortable with concealed carry.
    Timmy Jimmy, my wife is the same, she is conservative, does agree with 2nd amend. rights. Just can't get her to get ccw permit, YET, I wont quit trying.Dorun

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links