Well I did it

This is a discussion on Well I did it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my CCL for several weeks now but didn't feel comfortable carrying so it stayed at home. We live in a very rural are ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Well I did it

Well I did it

I've had my CCL for several weeks now but didn't feel comfortable carrying so it stayed at home. We live in a very rural are 99% safe but hey you never know. However I had to take my daughter to Tulsa and even stay overnight Tues so I packed my Sig in my GunTotnMama purse and set off. No issues, and no "No Weapons" signs either at the hotel, or the doctors office. In fact the only sign at the doctors was a "Turn your cell phone OFF" sign. LOL. Anyway other than the fact that my purse is now heavy and I have to be extra careful not to leave it at home or work. It's a over the shoulder pouch type so once it's on it doesn't come off when out, I'll be carrying everyday now. Next step will be to try out carrying with the holster. LOL.
    maxwell97, mano3, DJC7 and 14 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

It gets easier.

Also, do those "Turn your cell phone off" signs carry the force of law?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Good for you. Keep it up!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

9uc
    Congratulations on your first concealed carry and as mentioned above, it does become easier with repetition.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

Distinguished Member
    Good for you!

Nice! And yea, once you get used to it it's no big deal. Just proceed however is comfortable for you.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the first step in carrying. It gets more comfortable the more you do it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Soon you'll practicality forget it's even there.

Frankly, even when I'm printing a bit, nobody seems to notice.

Honestly it does get really easy, so much so that I feel awkward without my gun these days. Welcome
    Haywood likes this.

Rock on guntotnmama

Distinguished Member
    As has been said the first steps the hardest. It'll get easier as you go. Congrats on the first day.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Good on you for knowing when your not ready and ready. Keep a good mindset and congrats on your first carry experience. My wife likes to carry in her purse as well. I highly recommend having a holster so your pistol can be on your person. No risk of forgetting it anywhere and nobody can take it away easily. I know it hinders your wardrobe but there are a lot of good options for females. One my wife is looking at is a bra holster. Looks promising in videos we have watched. Just make sure you stay comfortable when you carry. If something's uncomfortable then your much more likely to not carry. Congrats again on your first day! Carry on!
    That you may retain your self-respect-it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
    -- William J.H. Boetcker

Congrats, and by now you know you made a great decision. Being safe is no accident, so keep it up.
    Nehemiah 4:14: ďDonít be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.Ē highlighted added by LMP

Congrats! Your journey begins to exercise your right of self defense.

I'm glad you will try holster carry. I've had to tweak the way I dress for conceal carry. I've worked out every combination of clothing plus holster (you should see my holster drawer and I use every one) except wearing a dress shorter than floor length. I rarely use my purse now but if a purse works rather than no carry, it is the way to go.

Stay safe!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links