Gun Toting Women

Gun Toting Women

This is a discussion on Gun Toting Women within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a little fyi,especially for anyone in the Conway area that may not know about this place.I've never heard of it either but next time ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Gun Toting Women

Gun Toting Women

Just a little fyi,especially for anyone in the Conway area that may not know about this place.I've never heard of it either but next time i'm down that way,i hope to check it out.

Gun toting women welcome at Conway shop : News : CarolinaLive.com

9uc
    It's good to see more women getting involved with shooting and carrying. Back when I took my CCW permit classes, the instructor team was a husband and wife team. She was a retired professor from the local university and was very good at what she did. Through her, finally got the wife to fire a gun. Granted it was a 22 auto, but at least it was a start. Though she has not shown a real desire to learn or go to the range since, I was encouraged enough that I purchased a used Bersa made FS-22lr for her to fire should I talk her into going.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

I'm happy to see this as well. Women have a great need for self-defense for multiple reasons. For them to have a store geared for them shows they have a market for women shooters along with being inviting for new female shooters. I hope stores like this pop up in more places. Plus it would make Christmas shopping a lot easier for the wife!
    Kasey88, ShooterGranny and Aceoky like this.
    That you may retain your self-respect-it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
    -- William J.H. Boetcker

Distinguished Member
    It's really good to see so many women getting involved and getting their carry permits. Business's like this one will really help to giving the ladies so many options.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Me like women Me like guns ..................................
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    It's really good to see so many women getting involved and getting their carry permits. Business's like this one will really help to giving the ladies so many options.
    I agree! I have been doing a sort of informal survey of female friends and acquaintances for a while now. If I feel they would be comfortable with this conversation, I ask them if they have access to a weapon for personal protection. If they say "yes" then I ask if they feel comfortable in its use, safety and care. Again, with a "yes" answer I would probably end things about there. With a "no" answer, I then offer to do a short training in-service and live fire session at their convenience. Free of charge. I figure this is good to keep these ladies from 1) injuring themselves and/or others and 2) acquainting them with their firearm so that if they ever need to shoot it (for whatever reason...) it won't come as a total and complete surprise! I am tired of all the muggings, rapes, killings, robberies, etc. in this area and people just need to know how many scumbags are out there that need shooting. If I can do even the smallest part to make these ladies a bit safer I'll feel like I accomplished something. If they want to pursue a CC permit, I then point them in the direction of a few local instructors who can take care of that. Maybe we (they) can do something to lower the crime statistics in this area....
    Kasey88 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

HAHA haven't thought about Conway in a coon's age...

That's how I always got to Myrtle Beach from Columbia...378 east to Conway, turn right. That's pretty much it.
    Kasey88 likes this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    72,000 plus female permit holders! That's a lot, but not enough. I think this is a great idea. It's one thing to have a few salesladies behind the counter, but one operating with the ladies in mind as their primary demographic has much to offer. Sister probably knows about this place, but if not I'm sure she'll see this.
    Kasey88 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I like it! I know my wife mentioned being more comfortable talking to our LGS's female co-owner about guns and carrying than she would have with a man. Especially when she was brand new to it.
    Kasey88 likes this.

I wonder if they know it makes them hotter?
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    As one said,there should be more carrying. If the numbers were right from 2009-2011 there were 149 females murdered in SC. Who knows why. I have a friend of mine who has been a CWP instructor for a long time. He says he has at least 2 females in about everyone of his classes.That said,he only allows 6 at a time to take the class.
    Kasey88 likes this.

That's a long way from me, but I wish her good luck. I'm no fan of all the pink "girly" stuff myself, but plenty of women are, and anything that makes us feel more comfortable is a good thing, IMO. I've gotten very mixed vibes from the LGS I've been in. My favorite one has a couple female employees, but honestly, I find that I'm treated with exactly the same respect regardless of the person behind the counter, and that's the way it should be. In another store, I really like two of the guys, but one just rubs me the wrong way. It's probably not something that a guy would notice, or maybe he wouldn't do it to a guy, IDK. I took my recently purchased first ever handgun back in because I was having trouble breaking it down to clean. I knew it was my fault, and I hoped they could show me what I was doing wrong. He did, but dang if he didn't pick my gun back out of its case afterwards and handle it and dry-fire it for about 5 minutes, just feeling it all up, and walking up and down behind the counter with it while he helped another customer and took a call.

He never asked if he could handle it (after I figured out what I was doing wrong), and it just struck me as territorial somehow. I didn't say anything, but eventually my glaring was noticed, and he handed me my gun. I haven't been back in there since.

Yea,i will have to say i have been treated well in every lgs store i've been to,except one.There will always be one here or there someone doesn't like. I can only assume some females who doesn't know anything about guns, may feel better in a place like the one in Conway. I like pink,but no pink guns or pink holsters for me,but each to their own.

There is a nice gun store and indoor range in Florence SC called The Blueline.The last time i went was back in March. They were letting females use the range for free all day on Tuesdays.I'm guessing they still do.
    Last edited by Kasey88; July 31st, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
    patri0t, BurgerBoy and Wolf357 like this.

I think this is a great idea and wish there were more of them. I do not like "girly" things but am often times uncomfortable going into the LGS looking for something. I felt like everyone was staring at me when trying to find a good belt that didn't look too much like I was borrowing my husbands or brothers belt. I am surprised that there aren't more places focused on getting women in the door especially since when I took my class a few years back my husband was the only guy besides the instructor in a class of about 10.

HA my girl is just like y'all...not into the "pink" ladies guns.

We were at a gun show and a salesman kept trying to push pink & purple colored guns on her and she finally snapped and said "if it's so great why don't YOU carry it?"

I added a "it would really pull your outfit together" as we walked off. We laughed about that for awhile.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links