Tucking in shirt while carrying

This is a discussion on Tucking in shirt while carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, Been carrying for a few days now and I'm comfortable with the issue. One thing has been bothering me a bit however and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Tucking in shirt while carrying

Hello Everyone,

Been carrying for a few days now and I'm comfortable with the issue. One thing has been bothering me a bit however and that's having to wear my shirt untucked. I usually dress in jeans and a T-shirt and my preferred carry method is a soft holster tucked in my waistband at the two o'clock position. I believe this is referred to as the appendix carry.

I also prefer to tuck in my shirts, but this is problematic if you are trying to conceal. Any ideas on a solution?

The title of the thread should read "shirt", not "short ". I got auto- corrected. Would a mod be kind enough to fix the thread title for me? Thanks

I gave up tucking my shirts when I started carrying. It took a little getting used to and I still think it looks a bit sloppy but I am at an age where I don't really
    care. Looking at other people it seems many are more into comfort than style these days.

There are holsters that do allow one to tuck your shirt but I have not found those to work well for me.
    BurgerBoy, Aceoky and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Most of the time, I wear a tucked IWB, if not, I wear a shoulder holster, or, in winter, I sometimes wear OWB when its cool enough to wear a wool vest.

Do a google search for tuckable holsters. Here are a couple of links for you:

SuperTuck® Deluxe | CrossBreed® Holsters - SuperTuck® Deluxe

IWB Holsters « Desbiens Gun Leather
    tcox4freedom and techieccw like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson256 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Been carrying for a few days now and I'm comfortable with the issue. One thing has been bothering me a bit however and that's having to wear my shirt untucked. I usually dress in jeans and a T-shirt and my preferred carry method is a soft holster tucked in my waistband at the two o'clock position. I believe this is referred to as the appendix carry.

I also prefer to tuck in my shirts, but this is problematic if you are trying to conceal. Any ideas on a solution?
    There are a few tuckable iwb holsters out there if iwb if what you prefer.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducmonster View Post
    I gave up tucking my shirts when I started carrying. It took a little getting used to and I still think it looks a bit sloppy but I am at an age where I don't really
    care. Looking at other people it seems many are more into comfort than style these days.

There are holsters that do allow one to tuck your shirt but I have not found those to work well for me.
    ^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

Or go get yourself a tuckable holster as has been mentioned.

I too am at the age where fashion will have to take a seat at the back of the bus.

I will still dress up, but for everyday going around, untucked it is.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I haven't tucked in a shirt since 09/01/91--the day I retired from the AF. Tucking shirt tails in is for sissies.
    BurgerBoy, RickyD, Buckj and 5 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I haven't tucked in a shirt since 09/01/91--the day I retired from the AF. Tucking shirt tails in is for sissies.
    Guess you'd call me a sissie because I tuck my shirt sometimes. I got a good IWB holster and it works great.
    techieccw likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    I have a Vedder tuckable Kydex holster that works very well for me - either tucked or untucked. I already posted a review of it, but here are the pictures again to show you how it works for me in about the 2:30 position (I'm wearig my G42 .380 which is a small gun, but I'm not a really large person):
    2014 Minnie iwb.jpg
    Here it is with shirt tucked in:
    2014 Minnie tucked.jpg
    I got it from Amazon. At the time I ordered it this was the only one I could find that didn't have a rather extreme cant......and most of those are designed for wearing at the 4:00 position. You CAN adjust the cant on this thin Kydex holster. Strait up and down works best for me though.

Whether this style holster would work for you with our carry gun or not, I hope it gives you an idea anyway.
    tcox4freedom, Buckj and BurgerBoy like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson256 View Post
    The title of the thread should read "shirt", not "short ". I got auto- corrected. Would a mod be kind enough to fix the thread title for me? Thanks
    Done.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have a tuckable holster, but rarely use it as such - it takes too long to get to the gun that way (especially if you don't get the shirt untucked well enough to clear the firearm on the first try).
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    I wear a tuckable holster. If I want to tuck my shirt I can without a problem. If I want to go untucked, not a problem there either.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You mean you never showed up at Commander's Call for the Wing King with your shirt tail hanging out? Sissy.
    foxytwo likes this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I typically carry with a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. This lets me tuck in my shirts. I don't really like the untucked look except for tee shirts. I usually wear button up shirts with collars and jeans.

I'm looking forward to fall when I can wear sweatshirts, fleece pullovers, and jackets so that I can carry OWB more regularly.

-SF

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Seriously, don't tuck t-shirts into jeans. You didn't mention what you are carrying, but here's a good tuckable.

Hidden Impact
    or the bargain version
    Hidden Ally
    Psalm 144:1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links