LEO Carry at Georgia's Philips Arena

This is a discussion on LEO Carry at Georgia's Philips Arena within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a LEO in GA and will be attending a concert at Philips Arena in the near future. Does anyone from Georgia know what ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chaplain Scott

Thread: LEO Carry at Georgia's Philips Arena

I am a LEO in GA and will be attending a concert at Philips Arena in the near future. Does anyone from Georgia know what the policies for the arena is in reference to off-duty LEO's carrying canceled at Philips Arena. Has anyone had any experiences with it? What is the security like at the arena? Thanks

Welcome from Washington, you should get the answer you looking for soon. Stay safe and thank you sir for your service.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Thank you

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Welcome from Montana. This is a great site, hang around.......

Here is a link that should help you out: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

From their website:
    Philips Arena does not permit the following items into the arena:
    Weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, etc.)
    Backpacks or large bags
    Outside food or beverages
    Air horns, electric noise makers or vuvuzelas
    Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
    Fireworks
    Silly string or projectiles
    Laser light pointers
    Professional cameras, audio and video recording devices (camera policy subject to change based on event/artist)

Philips Arena Management reserves the right to prohibit other items as deemed necessary.
    However, you could still contact them, and ask what their policy is towards sworn LEOs, then you'd know for sure.
    archer51 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia. As already suggested, check with them directly. As an LEO you may be exempt from the policy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Welcome aboard

I thought under the new Georgia law things had lightened up on carry. Here a LEO can carry anywhere, as a matter of fact they are required to carry even when off.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Greetings from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky!
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    Welcome aboard I thought under the new Georgia law things had lightened up on carry. Here a LEO can carry anywhere, as a matter of fact they are required to carry even when off.
    Under the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia LEOs are exempt from STATE laws, but still have to fall under both Federal laws AND private owners. So, assuming that Philips Arena is privately owned, they can legally bar anyone from carrying (unless there is a specific new GA statute that over-rides that clause. Disneyland or DisneyWorld (probably both) prohibit even LEOs from carrying, as it is a private corporation.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Links