Kansas Concealed Carry

Kansas Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Kansas Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here received their Kansas Concealed Carry License? There seems to be an unusual delay in getting the licenses sent out. I suspect it ...

Question Kansas Concealed Carry

Has anyone here received their Kansas Concealed Carry License? There seems to be an unusual delay in getting the licenses sent out. I suspect it has something to do with our new Democrat Attorney General who has his lips placed firmly on our Democrat governor's backside. She did not like it when the legislature overrode her veto. Is there anything Kansas residents can do to speed things up?

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    No trouble at all. I got my letter on 28 Dec., my temporary permit on 3 Jan., and my permanent ID on 12 Jan.

Welcome.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Thanks for the reply lowflyer. However, you were dealing with Phil Kline's office and now we are dealing with a Jesse Ventura lookalike. I hope you are right and I am wrong. Perhaps its just my mistrust of who is in control.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Okay, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine in July. I think it is important to point out that Kline did not personally handle the licenses and neither will Morrison. They appoint a CCL Administrator who runs an office to handle the licenses.

If it were quick and easy, everyone would have a CCL.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Sent my app in October, got my permit Jan. 3rd. Check out the fourms at www.ksconcealedcarry.com
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    All the more reason the Kansas law is needed was sadly demonstrated this month in Cowley County. Some may guess I mean the kidnapping and murder of 19 y.o. Jodi Sonderholm in Ark City, I must confess to bias, as my wife is from Winfield, just a few miles north of Ark City. But I have always felt peaceful and safe in the area, and the FBI violent crime records bear me out, such crimes are rare and it is so easy to be comlacent. The suspect is evidently a local 23 y.o. guy who has been in and out of trouble for years, burglary, forgery, drug posession, drunk and disorderly, assault, you get the picture. Miss Sanderholm was a member of the local college dance team and several of the members had reported this guy stalking them for at least several months. Further details won't come out until the trial but it looks like ;\local LE had a suspicion about him at once. We will never know that if Miss Sonderholm had a CCW permit and weapon if it would have made a difference. But just maybe the knowledge that some of the dance team were packing when they went off campus would have sent the perp in another direction. I wish we would have had the chance to find out.
    This case really got to me, as I said how much I like the area. We had just been there 10 days before over Christmas. And my wife has an intelligent, pretty 12 year old cousin who in 5 or 6 years may well be exactly the kind of target this stalker liked. Very scary.
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I got my temp license on the 9th, and my permanent license came on the 17th. Pretty good turnaround, actually. Now, if I can just figure out which cities in Kansas have passed their own silly-ass ordinances....
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Loving Liveral View Post
    All the more reason the Kansas law is needed was sadly demonstrated this month in Cowley County. Some may guess I mean the kidnapping and murder of 19 y.o. Jodi Sonderholm in Ark City, .... We will never know that if Miss Sonderholm had a CCW permit and weapon if it would have made a difference. ..
    We DO know - Kansas does not issue to 19 y.o. people. But I get your point.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

applied for mine in Nov. and have received nothing
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Don't depend on the governor, attorney general or "Say Nothing" Sam Brownback to see to it that the will of the people or the law is equally applied.

Applied in August and got mine 1/3/07 and my permanent one on the 9th of January. Steve48

Shortly after the first of the year local Kansas newspapers were treated to a story from the individual in charge of issuing the permits. This individual said that after the initial issuance of permits, further permits would be sent out after the second week of January. I think we are now into the fourth week of January and still on hold! Thank you Democrats for giving us Morrison and Sebilius. What a team!!

I made sure I got mine before Morrison took office. I knew he would slow the process up as much as he could. Steve48

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I honestly thought Kline was going to beat Morrison (who changed parties so he could run against Kline), but I still planned ahead and applied last August... just in case.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Links