Yes, another edc thread

Yes, another edc thread

This is a discussion on Yes, another edc thread within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've tried the search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Im trying to slim down my edc "get up" if you will. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Yes, another edc thread

Yes, another edc thread

I've tried the search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Im trying to slim down my edc "get up" if you will.

I carry a govt size 1911 (getting a smaller one soon) IWB at 3:30 and a extra mag IWB at 8:30. I also have my personal phone at 11:30 and my work phone at 12:30.

At work I use my leatherman and a L2 series flashlight everyday. I'm trying to figure out where to carry them on my belt to minimize printing (left pocket full of keys and right pocket wallet and inhaler).

There are a ton of threads with PICTURES of what others are carrying , but I want to see PICTURES of the gear ON the person, not laid out on the bed. thanks for any help!!

looking for pictures of people carrying a firearm and a multitool and flashlight
    Last edited by thedub88; September 3rd, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: left out phones, clarification
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. I don't have pictures, but I'd suggest shifting your phones to the 10:00 & 11:00 position, then you could carry your Leatherman and flashlight at the 2:00 position. Also look at Lowes or Home Depot. They make cases that should accommodate both your Leatherman and flashlight in one pouch. How tight is your company on personal calls on your work phone? I only carry my personal phone on week days and days I'm not working. It would help cut down on the clutter.
    OD* and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Does this help?

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Another one that might help:

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Next, with all you have going on, it's a tall order to look at what others are doing and make many comparisons. Since every person has unique characteristics it's going to be difficult to draw many conclusions based on what they are doing. The one thing I would say is with all the 'unthreatening' gear that you're hanging off your belt, your secret stuff could possibly hide in plain sight, so to speak. If you've got phones and stuff breaking up any telling outlines, then you've got some built in cover for the things that you don't want people to see. I'll admit that I'm just sort of guessing though. I don't think I could function with that much stuff all around my waist. I'd have to get some cargo type pants and utilize additional pockets or 'off body' some of the stuff in a bag or something.

Anyway, good luck with your search!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Does this help?
    The guy tugged at the bottom of his shirt by my count, at least thirty-six times in a three minute, fifty-six second video. To me, at least, nothing screams "gun" more than that particular gesture. I didn't count when he exposed, then re-covered.
    gatorbait51 and farsidefan1 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The guy tugged at the bottom of his shirt by my count, at least thirty-six times in a three minute, fifty-six second video. To me, at least, nothing screams "gun" more than that particular gesture. I didn't count when he exposed, then re-covered.
    Well maybe tugging on your "Glock Perfection" t-shirt might scream "gun" a little more, but yeah, that's pretty much a dead giveaway that you're hiding something.
    gatorbait51 and Mike1956 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well maybe tugging on your "Glock Perfection" t-shirt might scream "gun" a little more, but yeah, that's pretty much a dead giveaway that you're hiding something.
    I don't watch many of those Youtube videos, but in the ones I have watched, that incessant shirt tugging is the rule, not the exception.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Thats alot of stuff, might consider a maxpedition versipack pretty handy
    farsidefan1 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member
    This is all you need.
    Attached Images
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    PX4 Sometimes it hides so well it thinks it is on a Find Waldo Book.

Beretta Concealed.JPGBeretta Open.JPG
    farsidefan1 and Oreste like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Does this help?

no, he's not carrying a flashlight or a multitool

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    This is all you need.
    LOLOL, I dont fault you.. I own one as well. ;)
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Senior Member Array oldranger53's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I put my leatherman in a front pocket and a mini-mag just forward of a IWB. On opposing side are two cell phone cases. One has a cell phone. The other has two speed loaders.
    The other gear printing actually masks any printing from the IWB. No kidding.
    I suggest using misdirection rather than straight concealment. ..actually a combination of the two, with some creative clothing modifications.

Sent from phone.
    Recon1342 likes this.
    "Only Saints and Warriors are allowed in my world now, and forever."
    OR53 1998

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    You need LBE...
    Mike1956, Calvito and oldranger53 like this.
    The Opinion of others I very little regard, & have a thorough Contempt for all men, be their Names Characters & Stations what they may, who appear to be the irreclaimable Enemies of Religion & Liberty.
    -Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links