Cabelas Buffalo NY

Cabelas Buffalo NY

This is a discussion on Cabelas Buffalo NY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Traveled 100 miles to see the new Cabelas store in Buffalo. The front of the store was a let down compared to Bass Pro and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cabelas Buffalo NY

Cabelas Buffalo NY

Traveled 100 miles to see the new Cabelas store in Buffalo. The front of the store was a let down compared to Bass Pro and Field and Stream stores. I also went there to purchase a holster for my XDS Springfield. Walk up to the pistol counter with a holster to check the fit and he wanted to see my drivers licenses. Because I was from PA he said that I couldn't even touch the guns, he would check the fit for me. I walked out and will spend my money in Erie. Leave it up to the government to come up with stupid laws..
    Old Sarge likes this.

VIP Member
    If it is in fact a law, it is NYS law not federal law. Whenever I go to visit in Indiana,I have no problems fondling guns, just can't buy and take delivery there, has to be sent to a Virginia dealer for transfer.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It was NY, what did you expect? I'm surprised they even let you near the gun counter without a background check and a 10 day waiting period.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

As a former Buffalonian you can take my word they are not happy with the situation and the stupid gun laws either. I go there often and I'm surprised Western New Yorker's haven't revolted yet.
    GuyFromHuntsvil likes this.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I have been to plenty gun shops in Buffalo, including Gander Mountain and several local GS, not once did they ask me for my pistol permit to look, hold, checkout the pistols. I think Cabelas is being overly cautious....you do not need a permit to look.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

This is outrageous! Unbelievable. *** happened to this country?

Sorry... Caught me in a bad mood
    GuyFromHuntsvil likes this.

The Cabelas salesman may not have wanted to waste valuable time on a person who could not legally purchase the pistol in New York..but to pull that on someone trying to buy a holster....bullcrap.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

Yep. That's what I've been told, too. Look, but don't touch. Ridiculous.
    I was able to purchase a C&R handgun at Old Sarge's Drop Zone in Dunkirk using my 03, but he made a call to double check before he would even let me handle one.

Why on earth would you go to NY for any thing gun ..????

I mean you need a permit to just own or touch a gun there .... Never mind the whole mess of what you can and cant have

Why not buy it local and not support that commie/fascists state ? Or buy from one of the lovely people on this forum who often live in non commie states?

I am amazing they even had guns .. Not much left in NY state that is legal to sell ..

All I can say is when your gun laws are worst then CA you know your in deep ...

Heck I hear tales of people being refused pistol ammo as they did not have a permit for a gun in that caliber... And that happens a lot it sounds like ....
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Congratulations also but there have not like this cables in our country so i appreciate your idea...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Why on earth would you go to NY for any thing gun ..????...

Why not buy it local and not support that commie/fascists state ? Or buy from one of the lovely people on this forum who often live in non commie states?

Well, in my case, nobody local stocks Nagant M1895's. The shop I visited buys Mosin Nagants and Nagants by the case.
    On the other hand, Dunkirk, NY is pretty much local for me. It's only a 40 minutes drive.

That's why I get upset that I live so close to the NY line and can't as much touch a modern handgun in NY, even at a gun show and them knowing that if I bought said handgun they can ship it to my FFL for transfer, yet PA allows NY residents to come over and get their non-resident carry permits to carry in my state. It seems if we tightened things up a bit on our end maybe the people in NY would push for better legislation in their own state.

VIP Member
    I doubt its Cabelas, its probably the state,local ordinances. Our Cabelas here will only allow 2 lbs. of powder at a time. Town Ordinance. ( Richfield WI>)

By the way here you can't even get to the gun counter, there are always 3 people deep and the line for process/paperwork is 25 people long. You need to spend a half day there just to get up to the paperwork counter.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Well, in my case, nobody local stocks Nagant M1895's. The shop I visited buys Mosin Nagants and Nagants by the case.
    On the other hand, Dunkirk, NY is pretty much local for me. It's only a 40 minutes drive.

That's why I get upset that I live so close to the NY line and can't as much touch a modern handgun in NY, even at a gun show and them knowing that if I bought said handgun they can ship it to my FFL for transfer, yet PA allows NY residents to come over and get their non-resident carry permits to carry in my state. It seems if we tightened things up a bit on our end maybe the people in NY would push for better legislation in their own state.
    The PA AG has already started "tightening things up". Those of us that had Florida or Utah permits and lived out of state can no longer carry in PA.
    Glock Armorer

Posts like this make me appreciate living in a gun friendly state. The other day I did something similar at my local Cabelas and brought a pistol case up to the counter and quickly had a salesman retrieve a revolver model that I own but didn't have with me to see if it fit. In less than a minute I got my answer, thank the salesman and continue on my way. I also recently did an FFL transfer and other than a minute or two taken to fill out the paperwork I was in an out.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Funny thing is you can buy a gun from Cabela's Gun Library if the store is located in NY, yet not go there in person to buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links